cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance plan

maya99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have Canada wide  long distance plan but it won't work with some locations in Manitoba. I am from NB and can call anywhere else except for MB... anyone else have this issue ?

12 REPLIES 12

@maya99 

Here is a reply from @will13am @that led to a solution to the same issue you are having....back in 2018. It couldn't hurt to ask the modertors if they have already done this....

@brownpau, I am guessing that the problem with calling not working is due to account provisioning which seems to happen from time to time.  In this situation, the area codes you are able to call based on the calling feature in the plan has not been loaded properly into the account.  As a result you get a message about needing a calling add-on.  You will need to seek moderator team assistance to address this issue.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

maya99

I already contacted the moderator last week and the issue was transferred to technical but I’m still waiting for  an answer since then ...

maya99

It say « 8UM1 your call can not be completed as dial » on all 3 phone numbers 

Try also this, get free Fongo number and try dialing them, if it works click transfer and call your cellphone (so you can walk out of WiFi area)

@maya99 

I just successfully dialed two different Canadian tires in mb, both had area code 204.

What area code and exchanges are you trying to reach, let me know and I'll try there too.

@maya99 

What happens when you try, is there an error message or do you hear 'talk is not included...' or do you just get disconnected with a click...

@maya99 

Is it possible because of lockdown they are not answering?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@maya99 wrote:
  • It’s 3 different stores in Manitoba I tried to call without success and its not in USA 

@maya99   Have you just started to experience this today?  You could take a look at the following thread as it affects some customers of Telus/PM in Manitoba due to one of the frequencies being decommissioned there.  It's possible the numbers you are calling could be in the affected region, perhaps.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Text-From-PM-About-Changes-To-Mani...

Edit:  @maya99   If the above doesn't apply to the numbers you are calling, then you should contact moderators to take a look at your account or provide an explanation.

Click this link to submit a ticket and follow prompts: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

You can also try private messaging Moderator_Team if unable to submit a ticket, here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

maya99

It’s public stores I tried to call without success

maya99
  • It’s 3 different stores in Manitoba I tried to call without success and its not in USA 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@maya99 

Is it any number in mb or particular one(s). Can you try calling some public/store number in their area to test.

Also could you be trying to dial usa number by mistake (it has happened to me before more than once)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@maya99 : If it's a Telus-family cell phone you're calling, the recipient may not be aware that Telus has changed their hardware in areas of MB. Maybe they're getting few to no calls and might just be thinking that no one is calling them. Do you or they do texting? Ask them if they aren't getting calls from anybody.

Need Help? Let's chat.