cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long distance international call list

mulat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Would it be possible to get Ethiopia included in the list of countries eligible for international long distance call add-ons? 

thanks

Mulat

16 REPLIES 16

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mulat wrote:

Would it be possible to get Ethiopia included in the list of countries eligible for international long distance call add-ons? 

thanks

Mulat

Hello @mulat , you may not know that you are posting on the Public Mobile Community Forum where we are all customers and/or members, (just like you) not Public Mobile staff/employees.

So, no one here can really answer your question. We do not normally know what future decisions Public Mobile (parent company is Telus) will make or changes they will do - until it happens.

But the beauty of this 'open' forum, is, it is a place to state your feedback and questions. So, in my opinion, all the power to you to inquire and talk about whatever services you want to see one day.

Since Community members have no jurisdictions in these matters, why not ask or kindly comment to CSA's about your call list recommendation ... as provided by @HALIMACS :  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Long-distance-international-call-list/m...

@darlicious wrote:

@HALIMACS 

I do think you need to manage your expectations when it comes to getting Ethopia added to the list of calling destinations that public mobile offers its customers.

@darlicious 

I have no expectations when it comes to getting Ethopia added to the list of calling destinations that public mobile offers.

It is the OP in this thread that may.   I simply offered them an option to put forth their suggestion. 

Nothing more, nothing less.

I also have minimal expectations that a lot of other things (including some user's approaches to others in this forum) will also ever change.

Have a great week!!!

@HALIMACS 

Yes public mobile will base its decision to offer new long distance destinations on demand and statistics. Given that less than 40% of Ethopians own a cell phone and the population of Canadians of Ethopian descent is 0.11% of the overall population then demand will be low. If we are to assume that pm has a subscribership of 300,000 then there would be approximately a total of 330 pm customers that would have a direct interest in calling Ethopia.

Seeing as telus has customer base of 12,000,000 and they do not offer a long distance add on that includes Ethopia but instead only offers a per minute rate of $2.50 then I do think you need to manage your expectations when it comes to getting Ethopia added to the list of calling destinations that public mobile offers its customers.

Indeed @dabr 

I do find it exceptionally rich that one of the users on this thread would be critical of a suggestion that they themselves alluded to in their own earlier post which read,  in part:

"When and if pm does this again it will be based on customer demand..."

Customer demand is made known by requests that customers put forth to a company, not just post on a public forum hoping someone is paying attention. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mulat    You can only hope that PM eventually adds Ethopia to it's list of countries that can be called internationally, however, unless PM is inundated with requests from many, many customers for this to happen, it will quite likely never be added.    But obviously you can always send that request, as already suggested as a paying customer, to PM's CSA's to get the ball rolling, but be aware that changes around here usually take years (if ever) so don't expect to call Ethopia with PM service anytime soon, so your best bet is to get a calling card until/if that happens.

@HALIMACS    Tsk, tsk,...really, how dare you suggest contacting customer support... 😉

@Anonymous 

Ah not to worry....our pink slips will be handed out with our badges soon enough....

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

If Simple--Simon knows when to redirect customers to the community to help solve their issue I don't understand why members can't figure when it is unnecessary to contact customer support as well.

Reboot:

You forgot to mention CSA will  make  100% happy. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Who's the crabby pants today? 🙂 Wasn't there a thread made by someone called wishlist or something? 🙂

Of course all of us here know the glacier pace but things can still be suggested and asked for.

@HALIMACS 

Well while you are at it you might as well tell anyone wanting the following to contact customer support as well.....

• 30 DAY invoices of plan services
  • Full speed 4G LTE data
  • International roaming add ons
  • Call Control
  • WiFi calling
  • Visual voicemail
  • 5G

Maybe pm could implement voLTE calling by the end of 2021 while they are at it. If enough of pm's customers contact customer support surely pm will get right on it!!

I think it is cool to have customer to send in a formal request to add the country to the list.. yes, it is a slow process, but maybe enough "ask" would give pressure to PM to expand the list.  Afterall, PM is making money out of international call add-on.      

I guess, just need to make sure OP understands that this is a request that definitely would NOT be fulfilled quick... 

@darlicious 

Really?

@mulat, go ahead and ask Public Mobile for this. You are a paying customer and you have every right to put forth this request.

@Anonymous 

If Simple--Simon knows when to redirect customers to the community to help solve their issue I don't understand why members can't figure when it is unnecessary to contact customer support as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Unless the post was edited...I don't have a problem with a customer sending in a request to add. To check and verify in this case I agree with you.

It's a bit like sending a message to register displeasure of an autopay failure through no fault of the customer.

But tread lightly, a malicious member or an ultra sensitive member might report you for having the gall to call out this post as modeled by a certain user.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@mulat 

The only way to know for sure is to make a formal request to public mobile.

Doing so will also make it known that at least one customer would like this option.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select contact Customer Support Agent, then select other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@mulat 

Public mobile has a limited list of international calling destinations. It was last updated a year ago with about a dozen new countries that they had negotiated calling rates to and created several new long distance calling add ons to reflect the appropriate pricing structure. When and if pm does this again it will based on customer demand and the ability to easily negotiate an agreement with that nations telecoms. Unfortunately due to a number of factors Ethopia is not likely to be high on the list of possible new calling destinations.

@mulat wrote:

Unfortuantely, as you know, only calls to certain countries are included. Often, whether a calling destination is included or not can depend on the costs that would be associated with completing a call to a specific place.

Need Help? Let's chat.