cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance...?

Barryere
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello, while calling a number from Sarnia, ON (226 - 886), I got a message from PM before dialing out and I didn't catch it all just something to do with "Long Distance charges" and I'm not sure what to make of it.

I'm paying for unlimited provincial talk and as I cited before this number is within ON.

2 REPLIES 2

SDK1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, just had same issue in Guelph, Ontario-, looked up plan to confirm I had free Canada wide calling, and I do. Alarmed at first, but I see it's not unique. Thx, appreciate this forum!

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Barryere wrote:

Hello, while calling a number from Sarnia, ON (226 - 886), I got a message from PM before dialing out and I didn't catch it all just something to do with "Long Distance charges" and I'm not sure what to make of it.

I'm paying for unlimited provincial talk and as I cited before this number is within ON.

There are no surprise charges at Public Mobile - everything has to be paid before use.

It's likely the standard LD message that is played as a warning for people on landlines etc. If your call connects, you are fine. One way to avoid the message is dialing 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Need Help? Let's chat.