cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance not working despite having the plan

bradyjc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I Have 200 minutes US and Canada long distance, as a standard add-on.  Yet when I  try to call home from Daytona I get the message that I don't have that add-on. On my account it clearly shows that the add-on is activated (and has ALWAYS been activated since inception).

Please advise. 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@bradyjc The add-on you have is not eligible to call From US to Canada. You need the US Roaming add-on to call from USA to Canada.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.
If you need to contact PM Customer Support Agent, create a Ticket.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Are you putting a 1 infront of number? And are you calling from Canada ?

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@bradyjc  Uhm.... when you try to "call home from Daytona".... shall we assume you mean, FROM the US? If so, that add-on is for calling FROM Canada, not TO Canada.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@bradyjc wrote:

I Have 200 minutes US and Canada long distance, as a standard add-on.  Yet when I  try to call home from Daytona I get the message that I don't have that add-on. On my account it clearly shows that the add-on is activated (and has ALWAYS been activated since inception).

Please advise. 

Thank you

Those add-ons are only good when you are located in Canada.  If you are in the US you will need a US Roaming add-on to be able to call back home.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the Chat bubble in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@bradyjc The add-on you have is not eligible to call From US to Canada. You need the US Roaming add-on to call from USA to Canada.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.
If you need to contact PM Customer Support Agent, create a Ticket.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

View solution in original post

If you're in USA you will need a USA roaming add-on.

$8 for just talk from USA to Canada. There is also text or bundle options.

Screenshot_20190906_234608.jpg

Two steps to buy an add-on. Guide below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/td-p/198974

bradyjc

Thank for the response.

Yes I added a "1", and no I am calling from the US.

@bradyjc wrote:

Thank for the response.

Yes I added a "1", and no I am calling from the US.

The 200 min add-on you're talking about is from Canada. You will need a USA add-on to call from the states. See above I posted two step guide to buying an add-on

bradyjc

Thank you to all for the clarification.

Clearly I misunderstood what I had, which is completely useless to me in Canada.

While I have your attention may I ask why I can recieve texts in the US but cannot send any?

I did buy a data plan, but just data. 

Thanks all

Need Help? Let's chat.