cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance not working despite having the plan

bradyjc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I Have 200 minutes US and Canada long distance, as a standard add-on.  Yet when I  try to call home from Daytona I get the message that I don't have that add-on. On my account it clearly shows that the add-on is activated (and has ALWAYS been activated since inception).

Please advise. 

Thank you

23 REPLIES 23

RandyBC

Taking out and re-seating the sim card corrected my calling problem

@Anonymous wrote:

@Sridevi246 wrote:

Hi ,

I took below plan for long distance call, but when i call India it is not working. It was working earlier but now public mobile network is not allowing me to call India. 

Kindly help me in fixing it.

200 min US and Canada Long Distance
1  /  200 MIN

@Sridevi246 

Is it possible that you _used_ to have the old 400 minute add-on and that maybe you've consumed it all? Because that add-on you have is also the old add-on.

Maybe OP had the Diwali promo and used it up where they received the 750 minutes.

@Sridevi246 

Edit: If you were on the Diwali promo and used it up, you no longer need to contact a moderator. Just buy the India Add-On for $15.

Contact a moderator and ask if they will refund your money for purchasing the wrong add on.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sridevi246 wrote:

Hi ,

I took below plan for long distance call, but when i call India it is not working. It was working earlier but now public mobile network is not allowing me to call India. 

1  /  200 MIN

@Sridevi246 

Is it possible that you _used_ to have the old 400 minute add-on and that maybe you've consumed it all? Because that add-on you have is also the old add-on.

@Sridevi246 

Did you read what you posted on your screenshot? USA /Canada calls.

You bought the wrong add-on.

There is a $15 add-on for 750 minute's India & Pakistan. That's what you need.

Screenshot_20201015_214339.jpg

@Sridevi246 wrote:

Hi ,

1  /  200 MIN

You need to purchase the add-on for India.

750 India & Pakistan Long Distance Minutes For $15

Sridevi246

Hi ,

1  /  200 MIN

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nezgar wrote:

@bradyjc yeah you can receive texts with no roaming plan in the US. Some have reported also being able to recieve calls without a plan, would you mind testing that and reporting back to us? Both "unofficial" features, but handy while they last. 🙂

Texting is officially recognized in the Get Help pages.

@bradyjc yeah you can receive texts with no roaming plan in the US. Some have reported also being able to recieve calls without a plan, would you mind testing that and reporting back to us? Both "unofficial" features, but handy while they last. 🙂

The long distance calling (from Canada only) add-on might not be "completely useless" to you as you said. Presumably you never have need to call anywhere outside of Canada, not even Daytona but if you happened to have any of the plans that have provincial calling only the LD add-on will let you call anywhere in Canada and if you happened to have a plan with restricted minutes like the $10/50 minute per month plan or the $15/100 outgoing minutes with unlimited incoming calls, the LD add-on will cover overages there as well.

AE_Collector

bradyjc

Thanks so much

I very much appreciate the quick and precise information.

@bradyjc there is a bug in the system that allows you to receive texts. But you need the US roaming voice and text or text only add ons to send them. You can download the textnow app, and use your phone over WiFi to make the call.

@bradyjc wrote:

Thank you to all for the clarification.

Clearly I misunderstood what I had, which is completely useless to me in Canada.

While I have your attention may I ask why I can recieve texts in the US but cannot send any?

I did buy a data plan, but just data. 

Thanks all

@bradyjc wrote:

Clearly I misunderstood what I had, which is completely useless to me in Canada.

While I have your attention may I ask why I can recieve texts in the US but cannot send any?

Thanks all

It's a glitch that you receive them. You will not be charged..but to reply you will need a USA roaming text add-on.

You can bundle text and call 10 days for $15

@bradyjc wrote:

Thanks all

That is an unexplained thing as to why you can receive texts.  To send them you would need to purchase the roaming add-on and connect to the AT&T or T~Mobile networks

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

bradyjc

Thanks all

@bradyjc wrote:

Thank for the response.

Yes I added a "1", and no I am calling from the US.

The 200 min add-on you're talking about is from Canada. You will need a USA add-on to call from the states. See above I posted two step guide to buying an add-on

bradyjc

Thank for the response.

Yes I added a "1", and no I am calling from the US.

If you're in USA you will need a USA roaming add-on.

$8 for just talk from USA to Canada. There is also text or bundle options.

Screenshot_20190906_234608.jpg

Two steps to buy an add-on. Guide below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/td-p/198974

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@bradyjc The add-on you have is not eligible to call From US to Canada. You need the US Roaming add-on to call from USA to Canada.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@bradyjc wrote:

I Have 200 minutes US and Canada long distance, as a standard add-on.  Yet when I  try to call home from Daytona I get the message that I don't have that add-on. On my account it clearly shows that the add-on is activated (and has ALWAYS been activated since inception).

Please advise. 

Thank you

Those add-ons are only good when you are located in Canada.  If you are in the US you will need a US Roaming add-on to be able to call back home.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@bradyjc  Uhm.... when you try to "call home from Daytona".... shall we assume you mean, FROM the US? If so, that add-on is for calling FROM Canada, not TO Canada.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Are you putting a 1 infront of number? And are you calling from Canada ?

Need Help? Let's chat.