cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance Calling Questions

muktlz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I have unlimited provincial talk and Data Plan. 

Currently I am in Ontario, looking to head to Vancouver for a trip (5 days) and just wondering if I still have access to Data or is it roaming? Should I get long distance calling add-on?

4 REPLIES 4

You may want to read this FAQ for reference:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/FAQ-How-the-Province-Wide-Unlimited-Tal...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Go here to the thread below if you want to be notified when a new Public Mobile (PM) promo and changes comes out!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Subscribe-to-this-thread-if-you-want-to-be...

By the strictest definitions used in the celluar industry,  roaming does not mean traveling around.  Roaming refers to connecting to a different network.  Either way, data and texts will work anywhere on the Public Mobile network. 

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

As per Public Mobile's terms and conditions:

"Province-Wide option includes outgoing calls you make anywhere in Canada to a number with an area code in the same province, and incoming calls you receive while you are in your home province. A Long Distance Talk Add-On is required to receive incoming calls while you are outside your home province."

So it looks like if you want to receive incoming calls while you are in Vancouver, you will need to purchase a long-distance add-on.

For the data plan, I believe you will still have access to data while you are in Vancouver since Public Mobile has network coverage in Vancouver, and therefore, it won't be roaming. 

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@muktlz as long as you are connected to public mobile network in Vancouver, your data will work and it is not considered roaming. 

For calls, you can buy a long distance ad on if you like (if you are going to be making calls back to Ontario numbers). 

Alternatively, you can just simply use a free app like fongo and get an Ontario number to call. 

Need Help? Let's chat.