cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Distance Add-ons/International Question

PureOnslaught
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Keep getting confused of what is and is not covered and trying to explain to my parents with year old topics dont help either...lol

1) If they purchase the $15/400 min addon, they can travel anywhere in Canada/US and they'll be covered for talk, text and data, correct?

2) I've seen some posts mentioning International (in particular, Italy) calling. This $15/400min add-on would let them call any cell/land line in Italy, correct?

3) If they travel to Italy, would they be able to make any calls/texts back to Canada? Would they be able to receive calls or texts from Canada?

(If not, what would be the best course of action? buy a local sim?)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

@braschke10 wrote:

I am quite irritated, I carefully checked all the available plans that Public mobile had to offer so that I could call and text my relatives WHILE IN GERMANY. I thought that the international text plan and the international talk add-on would suit my needs. NOWHERE on the website does it say that it only workes from WITHIN Canada. I have now spent $45 for nothing! We should not have to go looking for posts on other peoples problems to find this information, it should be information that is very clear on the plans themselves.

I can understand your frustration but none of those addons say they are a ROAMING addon either.  Any plan that would be working outside of Canada would require to be a ROAMING plan and the only one that PM has is for the US ROAMING.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

braschke10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am quite irritated, I carefully checked all the available plans that Public mobile had to offer so that I could call and text my relatives WHILE IN GERMANY. I thought that the international text plan and the international talk add-on would suit my needs. NOWHERE on the website does it say that it only workes from WITHIN Canada. I have now spent $45 for nothing! We should not have to go looking for posts on other peoples problems to find this information, it should be information that is very clear on the plans themselves.

Only the 400 minute package includes calling from Canada to international destinations.

The 200 minute addon is Canada calling to Canada and US.

PureOnslaught
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the helpful reply.

one last question:  are the $8 and $15 add-on the same (besides the amt of min) or is it only the $15/400 that includes international?

bbdata
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is a good thread to reference too regarding Long Distance Addon:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Province-wide-Canada-wide-and-Long-Dis...

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

1) That $15 add on covers call to Canada and US while you are in Canada. You won't be able to call from US. You need USA roaming add-on to call from US. 

2) Yes, while you are in Canada, you can call Long Distance countries. I believe there are 18 of them

3) Currently, Public Mobile only works in Canada and US (with roaming add-on). So, it will not work anywhere else. 

Let us know if you have more questions. 

Need Help? Let's chat.