cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out

Germi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I forgot my security answer to my question, to reset my password to log into account.

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dkanch66 wrote:

do I have to set up an all new account? will I get credit back the $53 when i select a new plan and am I able to use the old sim card

thank you

Yes. New unique email address too.

No.

No.

Dkanch66

do I have to set up an all new account? will I get credit back the $53 when i select a new plan and am I able to use the old sim card

thank you

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dkanch66 wrote:

I  ported my number to a different carrier but wanted a new piblic phone number for my current sim so that I can have two cellphones. 

I have $53 credit on my account but I am now locked out and cannot activate my current sim. can you please help

Porting out closes and forfeits everything. The number is the key to the realm.

Your second phone will need a new SIM and unique email address and start fresh.

I hope that the plan is still offered by Public Mobile.  @Dkanch66, you'll also have to choose from the currently offered plans. If your plan was an old one that was discontinued, you won't be able to get that back.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dkanch66 wrote:

I  ported my number to a different carrier but wanted a new piblic phone number for my current sim so that I can have two cellphones. 

I have $53 credit on my account but I am now locked out and cannot activate my current sim. can you please help

Porting out closes and forfeits everything. The number is the key to the realm.

Your second phone will need a new SIM and unique email address and start fresh.

Sorry @Dkanch66 , once you ported your number out it closed your account. Stay safe 

Dkanch66

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Germi Did you resolve your issue? By clicking on ? on bottom right of the page you can ask to contact moderators, and they will help you to get access back.

@Moderator_Team wrote:

Hello! 

Several weeks ago, we were told that due to covid....the Moderators would only be responding to the most urgent queries first and to expect slower than normal response times to ordinary questions. Has this information changed ...the response to this one took mere minutes. FASTER than normal. Way to go Mods ....you're the BEST!!  😷

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Germi wait 1 hour from last attempt,  clear your browser history, go to private/incognito mode and try again to login. Once inside, you can find your secret question and answer in your self service account. If this fails, contact the moderators and ask them for a temporary password.

Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Stay safe.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello! 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Germi wrote:

I forgot my security answer to my question, to reset my password to log into account.

If you can't remember your security password for the forgot password function you will need to contact the moderators to help you.

To contact the moderators you need to click on the "?" in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.  This will take you to SIMon the chatbot and there you will follow the prompts to raise a trouble ticket.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Germi Hi you can contact a moderator by clicking on the ? Bottom right hand corner and asking Simon to speak to a human tell them that you need a temporary password and They can help you

Need Help? Let's chat.