cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local minutes used over gift minutes

SafVan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anyone else finding that their plan minutes are being used first instead of the long distance gift minutes for long distance calls within Canada? I have the $10 plan that give me 50 minutes a month, and when I've been calling long distance within Canada, it's not the coming out from my 400 gift minutes but from my regular minutes. 

Anyone else have this issue? 

6 REPLIES 6

This helps ensure that all of your 50 minute a month are all used up rather than only using 40 of them (with the remaining 10 expiring) and having 10 of your Ling Distance minutes used up.

AE_Collector

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@SafVan  It works out better for you since your 50minutes is replenished every month and if you use less than that the 400 LD bonus minutes will remain on your account until used.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No issue here. You want to use your plan minutes first.

The 400 gift minutes don't expire. Any unused minutes will remain in your account until they are all used. So those minutes are more of a backup. Once you haved up your plan minutes, the minutes from your free add-on will be used.

The free add-on does not renew. If you need more talk time, you can always upgrade to the $15 plan or buy an add-on such as $5 for 500 minutes of canada-wide calling.

If you decide to upgrade your plan, keep in mind that you won't be able to revert back to the $10 plan as it is no longer offered.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@SafVan wrote:

Anyone else finding that their plan minutes are being used first instead of the long distance gift minutes for long distance calls within Canada? I have the $10 plan that give me 50 minutes a month, and when I've been calling long distance within Canada, it's not the coming out from my 400 gift minutes but from my regular minutes. 

FYI...consider taking advantage of the 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on for $5. Those minutes don't expire until you use them up...even if it takes several months or longer.

It's a great augment for limited calling plans like you have.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@SafVan wrote:

@SafVan  If your $10 plan includes Canada wide minutes then that is normal. Once your plan minutes are used up then the add-on minutes will be used. That's how it should work because your plan minutes are only good for the 30 day plan period but the 400 add-on gift minutes will not expire until all used up.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@SafVan wrote:

That's how it's supposed to work. First your plan minutes get used...then your gift minutes when your plan mins have run out.

Need Help? Let's chat.