cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local calling issue

GHags
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My wife also has a public mobile account with phone number in same area code as me but when I try to call her I get a message public mobile can't place the call as dialed. If I put a 1  in front of her number it goes through ok. Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8

@Marshallbasarab wrote:

Honestly I think you should try changing the phone number to a different one. Maybe you have a phone number and you didn’t get it in Alberta or something like you picked a phone number from somewhere else. Make sure you select your town/city so you are able to have the correct thing so that you don’t have to dial “1”. First thing.

This won't make any difference.  The phone number of the person making an outgoing phone call isn't part of the equation.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@GHags 

Are you in the same province of the area code? If you are in Alberta making a call to Saskatchewan with a Alberta area code then you need to add 1 in front of the number.

The phone number of the service making the outgoing call doesn't make a difference.  The only thing that matters is where the person is who is making the call and the phone number of the person being called.

Marshallbasarab
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Honestly I think you should try changing the phone number to a different one. Maybe you have a phone number and you didn’t get it in Alberta or something like you picked a phone number from somewhere else. Make sure you select your town/city so you are able to have the correct thing so that you don’t have to dial “1”. First thing.

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I do not face any such problem making calls from 'Google Contacts' — a seamless dialing out for local, long distance and international calls. Are you dialing her number using the keyboard or picking it up from 'Contacts': and if from the 'Contacts', was her number inserted with the country prefix of Canada? 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@GHags 

Are you in the same province of the area code? If you are in Alberta making a call to Saskatchewan with a Alberta area code then you need to add 1 in front of the number.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@GHags You can try reboot your phone and see if it helps

But putting 1 in the front is normal  these days and will always work.  If you set it on  speed dial, put the 1 as well

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GHags 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is meant by rebooting the device turn off and turn it back on.

To get the obvious out of the way...you used ( +1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,

for Example long distance in canada or from USA,, Add (+1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,
1416xxxxxxx,
or
+1416xxxxxxx,
both is will going through your call...

Good luck and enjoy the service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just change all your contacts to having the 1 in front. If you stay on the line through that recording the call will go through anyway.

Need Help? Let's chat.