cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited time

wynford
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Your home page says... Limited time offer, Save on a 20GB plan for only $34/month with a 90-day subscription

How much is it a month AFTER 90 days?

Can you cancel at anytime?

Is it on a 2 year contract or month to month?

18 REPLIES 18

Fair enough. There's another needs criteria you prefer. I really liked Handy1's idea of depositing one third of the total each month (other than initial cost). Then come renewal time it will be there and it will renew. But it means a little more hands-on effort on your part. There is also the instant top-up payment method if you're interested. That's available at one place online and a few stores.

@wynford  If you can get  around that $102 start up cost , you basically can Then what you can do is top up your account each 30 days with $34 and again at 60 days and just on the 90 day maybe few days before like the 85 day make that final $34 top up and your can stay routine of paying monthly 

wynford

3G on a $25 plan is slow and crappy... Like I said, i'm a senior and if you COULD pay $34 a month, I would have gone for it and signed up

I guess it depends on how you want your provider to function. We're here to try to help make it less confusing. The marketing wording around here has been less than ideal for years. But that's what this community is for.

I do think the $25 is best for what you've said you need. If you're looking for lots of data then those 30 and 90 day plans certainly have the better value for data but you don't seem to need all that data so why pay for it.

wynford

All in all, I think PM's plans are just too confusing for what you get and what is advertised. 

Thank you all for the replies, But I don't think PM is for me.

Yeah unfortunately this place doesn't have any of those in-between plans. I would not like to be paying that kind of money for excess of something I'm not going to use.
I would suggest the $25 plan. And when needed get the 30 day 200mb data add-on to tie you over until the next renewal. You could buy 3 of those to equal the 1gb add-on but you would also get 3 months to use it. There may even be a little something this holiday season. No one knows yet if they will be day-limited like buying the add-ons.

wynford

I have never gone over 3GB data a month... any big downloads I do at home wirelessly

@wynford  Yes you have to pay $102 upfront to start . Then what you can do is top up your account each 30 days with $34 and again at 60 days and just on the 90 day maybe few days before like the 85 day make that final $34 top up and your can stay routine of paying monthly 

It's poor marketing and advertising isn't it. It's not 90 days paid monthly. It's 90 days paid up front.
May I gently ask if you need all that data? Sure it might be some kind of "deal", but do you need it?

wynford

So you have to pay $102 up front, you can't pay $34 a month? I'm a senior living on 2 pensions and $102 at one time is going to be rough unlike $34 a month

@wynford  You can activate it when ever your ready 

wynford

I have an iPhone 8 and would need a new SIM card... if I buy one, is there a time limit as when I have to install it or can I install it whenever?

@wynford  It’s 4G 4G/LTE same thing 

@wynford wrote:

Forgot to ask...

Is this plan 4G or 4G/LTE???

The $102 90-day plan that Public Mobile advertises as having 4G speed (maximum 100Mbps).

wynford

Forgot to ask...

Is this plan 4G or 4G/LTE???

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It stays the same $102 pre-paid. You can stop paying any time. This place is pre-paid. This place is 30 days and if you allow it to auto-renew then it keeps renewing.

Adding - or 90 days of course

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@wynford no 2 year contract.  Here, no contract, but no refund

So, if you sign up for 90 days plan, it is almost like a 90 days contract, since no refund

no all plan has 90 days option.  The $39/month  plan has it and it is $34/30 days, or $102 for 90 days. You pay upfront and Pm gives you all the 60GB data upfront as well.  And no contract, you can change plan or not renewal after the 90days

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@wynford  PM is ore paid so no contracts to do 90 day plan for average $34 a month is you pay $102 upfront for 60GB to use over 90 days . And you sign up on auto payments so every 90 days you pay $102 

Need Help? Let's chat.