cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let’s Hear YOUR Ideas for upcoming promotions 🤓

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

For current customers on a plan paying less than $30 every 30 days, offer them a $10 credit for six months when the following three requirements are met:

1. They switch to a $30 (or greater) plan.

2. Set-up (turn On) autopay.

3. Plan stays at the $30 (or greater) price for at least 6 months after the plan change. 

Community,  what say you?  👍 or 👎 whether this idea lives or dies.  

26 REPLIES 26

Carrieellen87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm not really sure you can assume that the user is wanting "more" than what should be expected. I think the post is an excellent way to help Public Mobile get views from their current customers who appreciate the excellent service PM provides, but also to gain insight into potential new ideas, and gaining knowledge into what people really want.

There is nothing wrong with throwing around ideas amongst members.

@NDesai wrote:

👎

TBH, they already offer great rewards to bring the cost down and now we want even more $?

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@Metal1967 wrote:

A one time healthy amount of rollover data would be a nice promo also..😀

@Metal1967  I would settle for a half price add-on day.

I would buy so many unneeded add-ons that day.

Now, there’s an idea.  How about flash sales for add-ons, held at different times of the day, so everyone has a chance.  Offer a limited number of add-ons, and set a reasonable limit per account per flash sale.   

I love it.

But getting public mobile to do it is another story.

Pizzaeh

@RobertQc wrote:

@Metal1967 wrote:

Now, there’s an idea.  How about flash sales for add-ons, held at different times of the day, so everyone has a chance.  Offer a limited number of add-ons, and set a reasonable limit per account per flash sale.   

@Metal1967 wrote:

Pizzaeh

This thread is starting to bear 🍎🍊🍓🍋🍇🥝.  

Keep the ideas coming.

Metal1967

powerg21
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That would be a great plan for students!  I would switch my kids to that plan if it existed. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well if we're throwing in promo ideas...unlimited province-wide talk, unlimited international texting...$10. Uses existing components so nothing to alter. Opens the up-sell to the LD and data add-ons. And heck...if you want...500mb on autopay.

powerg21

Instead of offering promotions, change the plans and make it worthwhile to stay with PM. Most of the existing plans offer Unlimited talk and text. You have to work on the data part. Offer BIG data for cheap prices. What attracts people like myself is the amount of data the plans come with.  Offer 10G, 20G, 30G etc for under $50.  It does not mean people will use that much data but they will be happy to have that much.   For example, offer 20G with UL talk and text for $40 and you will get a ton more new clients!   

My idea for a promotion would be 2GB autopay bonus for $40+ 3g 30 days plans. Not only would it encourage both preauthorized payments, it would also be one last nudge to get people off voice-only plans, and plans that only include a small amount.

I also suspect that Telus does want people off Public's Fall Promo plans.  I believe that such a promotion would be in line with things such as data bonuses being provided at other carriers, and that it would cost Public Mobile very little as customers tend not to use all included plan data.

Oana_S
Customer Support Agent

Hey @Pizzaeh 

@powerg21,

We definitely  want to hear your suggestions for the upcoming promo deals. Don`t forget that there are also rewards for refer-a-friend and tenure for Public Mobile customers. Please feel free to add any other thoughts in regard to promos! 🙂

powerg21

The $10 credit is great for people who only want to be on a $25 or $30 plan but only have to pay $20 for the next 6 months until they decide which plan they really want after the promotion ends. 

@stonechucker wrote:

Honestly, I was not being flippant.  I look at the promos everyday via the Announcements forum, so I don’t keep track of them.  I don’t keep records in my inbox, as I don’t subscribe to your list.

Someone who does subscribe to a notification of promos, or any other thing that might be posted to that forum, or any other forum, may indeed keep those, to keep track.

im sorry @pm-smayer97, if. You took it otherwise.  No offense was meant.

I appreciate the reply. Sometimes things can get lost in the text translation... no tone, body language, etc. No problem.  😉

P.S. It is not my list... just a tool for anyone to use. 🙂

Honestly, I was not being flippant.  I look at the promos everyday via the Announcements forum, so I don’t keep track of them.  I don’t keep records in my inbox, as I don’t subscribe to your list.

Someone who does subscribe to a notification of promos, or any other thing that might be posted to that forum, or any other forum, may indeed keep those, to keep track.

im sorry @pm-smayer97, if. You took it otherwise.  No offense was meant.

@srlawren wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@pm-smayer97, you're the one who keeps track of these things, you tell us.

Promos differ all the time.  New user promos happen more often than all user promos.

What kind of flippant reply is that? Why are you an oracle with replies like that?

@pm-smayer97 I see it more as factual than flippant.  You have started several threads about being on top of new promotions.  Also, promos do differ frequently, and more often than not they target new users.  I don't see any problem with @stonechucker's reply or oracle team membership.

There is nothing factual about this statement "you're the one who keeps track of these things, you tell us." 

That is flippant.... and condescending. 

I do not know why anyone thinks that I keep track of promos. I simply came up with a solution to allow anyone to be notified of new promos, announcements, or the ability to follow ANY category of discussions in this forum. I do not commit any promos to memory. 

How to get notified of ANY New Promos, Announcements, System Outages, etc (& any others)

And anyone who is an oracle should be more respectful. There is nothing I said that should warrant that kind of response.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

Promos differ all the time.  New user promos happen more often than all user promos.

What kind of flippant reply is that? Why are you an oracle with replies like that?

@pm-smayer97 I see it more as factual than flippant.  You have started several threads about being on top of new promotions.  Also, promos do differ frequently, and more often than not they target new users.  I don't see any problem with @stonechucker's reply or oracle team membership.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@stonechucker wrote:

Pizzaeh

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@slash407 wrote:

thats the current promo.....30$ or over 10$ off etc lol look it up

The current promotion is not open to current customers.   This would be for Public Mobile customers who switch from a plan that is less than $30.

The last time they ran this same promo, was it not also avaialble for existing customers?

It was for new activations; existing customers switching from the $10 plan, for example, to the $30 plan were not eligible.  As a result, they were annoyed.  Sure, a current customer could buy and activate a new sim for the $30 plan, but you can understand they wouldn't be happy about that.

I realize that the goal of the promotion, offering it for new activations, is meant to bring  customers over from other carriers not part of the Telus family (Telus, Koodo, Public Mobile). 

My thought is, by extending this to current customers, PM gets additional revenue (during the 6 months - especially for the current cutomers on the $10 plan) for at least 6 months, and could potentially convert some of those $10 plan customers to the $30 plan long-term after the 6 months are up.  With the autopay turned on, and after they get to experience unlimited text/calling and some data, some of those customers may continue on the $30 plan.  

I don't know why the offer is not extended to current customers.  Perhaps there are additional costs assciated with the marketing/promoting or when customers switch plans, that are greater than the guaranteed additional revenue for the six months, but I guess that's why we're not in the business of running a telecom.  *shrugs*

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@slash407 wrote:

The current promotion is not open to current customers.   This would be for Public Mobile customers who switch from a plan that is less than $30.

The last time they ran this same promo, was it not also avaialble for existing customers?

Pizzaeh

@slash407 wrote:

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Pizzaeh 

Save me (the customer) any money is 👍

But public mobile caters basically everything to gaining new business.

Pizzaeh

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

👎

TBH, they already offer great rewards to bring the cost down and now we want even more $?

Who's the "we"? If you mean the plebecites, TBH, I don't think you've thought it through. 

Both the consumer and Public Mobile wins in this transaction.   Long term goes to PB.  A healthy PB hopefully translates to maintaining the prices. 

Let me ask you this, how many times have people posted that they signed up for the $10 plan, but want to switch to the $30 plan for the 6 months credits? 

Appreciate the opinion whether it's up or down. 

Yes only for the 6 months so then PM is selling a $30 plan for $20 then they go back to the $10

Exactly, consumer Joe/Jane pays an extra $10 per month for at least six months.  Some will switch back to a cheaper plan after six months, while some consumers will find the extra minutes/text/data useful and stay on the $30 plan.

Looking at the overall long-term picture, not only the immediate credits.   

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

👎

Who's the "we"? If you mean the plebecites, TBH, I don't think you've thought it through. 

Both the consumer and Public Mobile wins in this transaction.   Long term goes to PB.  A healthy PB hopefully translates to maintaining the prices. 

Let me ask you this, how many times have people posted that they signed up for the $10 plan, but want to switch to the $30 plan for the 6 months credits? 

Yes only for the 6 months so then PM is selling a $30 plan for $20 then they go back to the $10

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Pizzaeh

@NDesai wrote:

👎

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

👎

Need Help? Let's chat.