cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Length to activate plan?

FlipNB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm trying to activate a new SIM and I've been looking at this for about half an hour now:

FlipNB_0-1641044392020.png

Is that normal? I received the Welcome text telling me I have created a PIN but I did not receive the confirmation Email or anything else.

I also can't login to my account so it has not been created. I did use to have an account on this same Email some years ago but it wouldnt let me reset the password etc. so would this cause issues using the boxing week 2GB bonus code and result in this?

Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7

@Luddite wrote:

@computergeek541  "As for your e-mail addresss, the system shouldn't have let you re-use an e-mail address."

Reusing  closed account email is allowed now. Saw it somewhere, but have forgotten source. 

Thanks.  I knew that it was being done for winback offers as those had a condition that the activation be done use the same e-mail addresss as was used last time/same e-mail address that the offer was sent to.  I wasn't aware that it could be done across the board for all activations.

I was wonder if old email addresses could be "recycled" too... thanks @Luddite 

@computergeek541  "As for your e-mail addresss, the system shouldn't have let you re-use an e-mail address."

Reusing  closed account email is allowed now. Saw it somewhere, but have forgotten source. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@FlipNB wrote:

I did not receive the confirmation Email or anything else.

I'm glad you posed this question @FlipNB as I was going to ask the Community as well.

I was able to complete an activation yesterday, porting from another provider, got through to the last page, all services work, payment was withdrawn.

I, too, received an SMS text confirming "...successfully created a new PIN..." and that "An e-mail confirmation...will be sent shortly"

I received no e-mail as of yet - even though the address was correctly indicated, not in spam nor junk folders.

I wonder if the "Welcome e-mails" are delayed or no longer being issued?  My understanding is that they're always sent almost immediately following a successful activation.

@FlipNB wrote:

Thank you.

If I try to self-register it won't let me saying:

The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here.

Then if I click here as requested it says:

Your login failed. Please try again.

You:ll need to follow the above advice to open a ticket.

FlipNB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you.

If I try to self-register it won't let me saying:

The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here.

Then if I click here as requested it says:

Your login failed. Please try again.

@FlipNB wrote:

I'm trying to activate a new SIM and I've been looking at this for about half an hour now:

FlipNB_0-1641044392020.png

Is that normal? I received the Welcome text telling me I have created a PIN but I did not receive the confirmation Email or anything else.

I also can't login to my account so it has not been created. I did use to have an account on this same Email some years ago but it wouldnt let me reset the password etc. so would this cause issues using the boxing week 2GB bonus code and result in this?

Since you reveived a text message from Public Mobile, your account has been openend and your plan assigned.  You wouldn't have been able to activate an account without a plan. Check if all calls, text messages, and data are working.

Then go to https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/ to see of you can make your Self Serve account.  If you can't, then go to https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html to open a ticket with a customer support agent.

The 2GB recurring bonus should come in fine if you used the promo code.

As for your e-mail addresss, the system shouldn't have let you re-use an e-mail address.

Need Help? Let's chat.