cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE / VOLTE turned OFF by PM today

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Are there any updates on this issue ? Not all customers...but many are reporting LTE / VOLTE has been turned OFF by PM, including myself. Noticed it a few hours ago. Calls now drop to 3G. I've tried all the usual suggestions to no avail. No notice in Announcements. Anyone had success getting it going again ?

10 REPLIES 10

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Handy1 - I am on a Telus tower location (Western Canada) while eastern Canada & Manitoba, Northern BC, The three territories are mostly made up of Bell towers.

@fixin Strange and we all Apple guys think . But I’m not affected wonder if it’s regional thing right now . 

fixin

@Handy1 - I rebooted for 5 minutes while on 5G and it decided to use VoLTE again!

When I woke up this am... LTE was back and stable. I didn't power down the phone last night, just plugged it in for recharge as usual. No idea what caused the problem in the first place...Apple issue; Telus issue; or just a transient event ?? 1st world problems, eh !!  🦉

@hairbag1  And @fixin  it stays on LTE I don’t appear to be affected like others  are reporting . 

Wellersbayview
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got the notice about 6pm EST y'day and saw others reporting it here and on Reddit. Phone would show LTE icon but drop to 3G immediately a call connected, Data speed did not seem to be affected and calls went through as usual. About 10PM EST, I powered-down/up my phone and everything was back to normal and continues so this am.

Curious if the issue affected only iOS users - there was an software update the day before - or if Telus was doing something and my "solution" was just coincidence. All's well that ends well.

@fixin 

got that message a few hours ago.

@Handy1 

So you tried turning off wifi, then dialing and the call completes with LTE or does the call complete with 3G ?

fixin

@Handy1 - don't dare try turning off your phone or having your phone re-search the PM network or else you will see this & your calls will be 3G now. I have also contacted CS_Agent a couple hours ago, see if it'll work or help.

IMG_6906.PNG

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@hairbag1  I’ve saw a few reports of this . I don’t appear to be affected yet . But hey it’s par for the course these days 

Need Help? Let's chat.