cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G7 One phone owners: Has anyone been able to connect with the network?

EOliveira
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a pre-owned LG G7 One phone to use on the Public Mobile network. I figured it should be compatible with the network, as Public Mobile sells them too. However, I keep getting an error message, "Selected network (302220) unavailable".

- The SIM card worked flawlessly on my old phone  before and when I put it back in.

- I've done a factory reset on the new phone.

- I've double-checked my APN settings.

- I've turned Airplane mode on and off.

- I've restarted the phone every time I made a change.

Does anyone have this model of phone that works with Public Mobile?

Anyone have any suggestions of what else to try?

Thanks in advance.

14 REPLIES 14

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@EOliveira 

If you cannot get your refund from your seller with BB help, you can also call your cc company to get a charge back.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EOliveira : I would be looking at other brands knowing that LG is exiting the cellphone business.

EOliveira

@will13am Hear hear!  I'll definitely go after Bestbuy corporate to get this sorted out if I don't get a quick resolution from the seller. 

And yes, the phone itself seems pretty slick. I upgraded it to Android 11 as soon as I got it.  Hopefully I can get a fully functional one soon.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@EOliveira wrote:

Thank you very much! Problem solved. I checked the IMEI and it came up as a blacklisted phone, as it was reported as lost or stolen. So it's not going to work on any network!

How disappointing as I bought it from the Best Buy Marketplace, not some guy on the street.

At least you know what went wrong, but Best Buy Marketplace might as well be "some guy on the street" and a marketplace seller could be pretty much anyone.  Yes, there are good sellers there, but there are bad ones as well. Besides, someone selling out of their garage doesn't make them a bad seller, just someone who doesn't sell at a high volume.

honest .. i don't like the Bestbuy Marketplace model.  If i want to risk it, I might go EBay or Kijiji.. A lot of time I was planning to buy something from BestBuy itself, search and it returns me all these BB Marketplace items.   😞

@softech wrote:

oh...  Luckily I think BestBuy has a good return policy (hope the same policy on it's market place)

Hope is not a solution.  Bestbuy marketplace are supposedly "trusted seller-partners" that provide their own return policy.  If the seller does not play nice, I would suggest going up the Bestbuy food chain to challenge their "trusted seller-partner" thesis.  They ought to be screening the marketplace to ensure that it is a safe place to shop.  I thought this kind of stuff only happens on Kijiji.  

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/help/returns-and-exchanges/marketplace-returns

@EOliveira , if you are able to resolve the blacklist issue, I can tell you the LG G7 One is a pretty good phone still.  I have one in active duty at the moment.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EOliveira: Maybe the seller will refund you your money. You sorta have BestBuy behind you.

@EOliveira wrote:

Thank you very much! Problem solved. I checked the IMEI and it came up as a blacklisted phone, as it was reported as lost or stolen. So it's not going to work on any network!

How disappointing as I bought it from the Best Buy Marketplace, not some guy on the street.

At least you know what went wrong, but Best Buy Marketplace might as well be "some guy on the street" and a marketplace seller could be pretty much anyone.  Yes, there are good sellers there, but there are bad ones as well. Besides, someone selling out of their garage doesn't make them a bad seller, just someone who doesn't sell at a high volume.

oh...  Luckily I think BestBuy has a good return policy (hope the same policy on it's market place)

EOliveira

@EOliveira wrote:

I bought a pre-owned LG G7 One phone to use on the Public Mobile network. I figured it should be compatible with the network, as Public Mobile sells them too. However, I keep getting an error message, "Selected network (302220) unavailable".

As the phone is reporting this message, I believe that the network has been manually selected.  I would suggest to change it to automatic network selection.  

@softech wrote:

@EOliveira   is calls and text working and just not data?

LG is a odd brand and it has all kind of issue

Some people got it working after a network reset

Also try manual APN as specific below

https: // apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/lg-g7-one

(remove the space in the url above)

In this case, the phone won't connect to the network at all. This wouldn't be caused by an APN issue.

@Anonymous wrote:

@EOliveira : Have a look at devicecheck.ca . Check which kind of network it's connecting to. You don't want GSM.

I agree with looking at devicecheck.ca, but when it comes to network type, the phone wouldn't be currently set to 2g as 302220 is Telus.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@EOliveira   is calls and text working and just not data?

LG is a odd brand and it has all kind of issue

Some people got it working after a network reset

Also try manual APN as specific below

https: // apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/lg-g7-one

(remove the space in the url above)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EOliveira : Have a look at devicecheck.ca . Check which kind of network it's connecting to. You don't want GSM.

Need Help? Let's chat.