Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G6 H870DS Compatibility with PM

sylh3t
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

This is my first post on the PM forum. 

I'm considering buying an LG G6 H870DS from Hong Kong and was wondering if it will work on the PM LTE network. I found a good deal on the phone but if it does not work I'll have to settle for a North American LG G6. Appreciate the help!

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

for the LG G6 http://forums.redflagdeals.com/eglobal-lg-g6-h870ds-64gb-dual-sim-quad-dac-429-12-417-usd-tax-211698...
Or you can get the LG V20 for 345 USD taxes and duties included .
I just got the V20 it it is compatible with PM LTE.
For blue products I took a look at some of them before and I didn't find dull support for PM, so I stopped looking .
Just look at RFD there are lately a lot of good promos and offers of good phones with good prices

Wisewoman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is the issue I am facing as well. My cellphone is dying so I need to get a new one...Ka-ching$$!!

I'd prefer to buy used to keep the cost down but I just don't know about compatibility with the Public Mobile Network. I'm looking at the LG G6 or a Google phone. What if the phone is unlocked but from the US?

Has anyone heard of BLU cellphones? Does anyone know if they work on the PM network? They are unlocked & cheap! 

sylh3t

Thank you for taking the time to look into this for me. Much appreciated all!

Thanks guys, it's my job and my area of expertise, so I'm glad I can put it to some good use 🙂

@sheytoon
You really know alot about all frequencies glad to have a op like you here. Big help for all community members
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Thank you sheytoon for the info.

@ OP the link I got the specs from is the official LG website so make sure you are getting that version

@zhadj030
Good job finding those specs! It will work fine. B12 is always deployed simultaneously with B17, and this phone supports B12.
The only main band missing is B2, which doesn't impact coverage. B13 and B29 are also missing, but B13 is never deployed on its own, and B29 is only for CA.

@sylh3t, I say go for it, you'll have no issues.

Here are the PM/Telus bands: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telus_Mobility. Compare that to the specs for your phone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

sylh3t

Yes I've tried this website and the LG G6 is not listed =(.

I also try to check but LG g6 not available on willmyphonework.net
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
From what I found it supports the following frequencies
http://www.lg.com/hk_en/mobile-phone/lg-H870DS-Black-64GB

3G Network WCDMA 850(B5) / 900(B8) / 1900(B2) / 2100(B1) MHz TD-SCDMA 2000 / 1900 MHz
4G Network - FDD 2100(B1) /1800(B3) / 1700(B4) / 850(B5) / 2600(B7) / 900(B8) /700(B12)/ 800(B20) / 800(B26)/ 700(B28) MHz
4G Network - TDD 2600(B38) / 1900(B39) / 2300(B40) / 2600(B41) MHz

So I would say for LTE B4 , B5 and B7 are present but still lacking B17. So you should be fine for LTE in big cities , but not so much in very rural areas.
@sheytoon Our expert can say more if he wants

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
I used the lg g6 but Canadian version.
Hong Kong version hmm probably missing some frequencies.
Need Help? Let's chat.