cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo giving us grief

Jsauter
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

We are presently at a Koodo kiosk on the phone with customer service who is accusing us about lying in regard to the 6gb Koodo offer to switch text message. Koodo Rep at kiosk couldn't make them believe it. They are saying it is 4 gb and they never offered this  Thus far this Koodo service is pretty terrible. Number has already been ported out and gone from public.

Anyone else have this issue? 

19 REPLIES 19

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@debsniderwrote:

I don't understand how they determine eligibility.  I have never gotten the text of 3 of my public mobile phones.  I have been with public mobile for years on the 90 day 3+3gb plan.  I satisfy the eligibility criteria. I have gone to Koodo and tried online and have been told that my numbers don't quality for the promotion

And that is probably why Koodo is hassling the rest of us like @Jsauter who are actually eligible... Because so many who are not eligible just believe they are eligible... And the uneligible are calling or going in to koodo booths asking for the plan.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@hello debsnider, thank you for your message and sorry for the inconvenience caused by the situation, however, the plan you've just mentioned is not subject to a Koodo migration promotion. If you would like more information on this matter, can you please send us a private message along with your phone numbers and PIN# so we can check your account and see if you are eligible for the offer in question.  Thank you! 

debsnider
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don't understand how they determine eligibility.  I have never gotten the text of 3 of my public mobile phones.  I have been with public mobile for years on the 90 day 3+3gb plan.  I satisfy the eligibility criteria. I have gone to Koodo and tried online and have been told that my numbers don't quality for the promotion

@will13amwrote:
The speed of response is a QoS thing.  Even calls centers can be brought to their knees with too much demand.  You should have tried calling Rogers on the first few days of the crazy cheap internet plan being released or try to contact Fido to get the 100% discount on the data plan.  

A decade ago, the Wireless Code specified a maximum response time of ~20 minutes before the customer could speak directly with an actual support rep.  Necessary because hold/wait times spanned many hours or even days.  Big Corporations were leaning too heavily on then-new (IVR) computer voice menu systems.  All of the providers were bad about this, but Telus was noted as being especially awful.

There were even conspiracy theories at the time which claimed this sort of woefully inadequate phone support was a deliberate strategy to force frustrated customers to report to stores/kiosks (which exposed them, of course, to upselling which could "solve" their technical issues with payment towards a new device/contract).

Compliance was quick and tech support/service was upgraded after the CRTC handed out a few hefty fines.  But it seems things have gradually slipped away again, and it seems this provision has quietly disappeared from the Wireless Code.  I wonder if it's time for customer outrage to demand the minimum standard QoS gets addressed again.

@Jsauter Just so you don't feel alone. I had a referral on that 2016 promo plan who got the same reception at a Koodo kiosk Wednesday. She called me and we simply did the transition online without issue. Yesterday SIM was shipped and account activation info received. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

When it comes to call centre, it is quite possible that the person was not deliberately trying to give you incorrect information, and it's impossible for anybody to know everything.  However, the person really should have checked, and the the 6GB $40 offer is definitely real, although it was only offered to certain Public Mobile customers (Fall Promo 2016 plan holders).

Unless there's a specific reason you wanted to get this all done at the kiosk, I would have just walked away and went to another retail location that can activate Koodo services.  Now, as for the call centre,  the option is always there to thank the person and then just call back to speak to someone else.  You can even ask to be transfered to another representitive, although it's possible that the first customer service person could take offense to that and possibly leave an unfavorable remark about you as a customer in the notes.

As I said, unless there was a specific reason you wanted the activation done there and then (ie.  a gift card promotion or free accessories with a phone purchase, better phone pricing, etc.), for me, I would have just went home and ordered the plan online at koodomobile.com.  Koodo would have then shipped your sim card and phone (if you choose to take one). 

@srlawrenwrote:

@will13am I'd argue that response time (or at least feedback on receipt of the request) is probably quicker--more of than not--via a call centre than via private message exchange with the mod.  And the back-and-forth exchange--if needed--to complete the process is almost certainly quicker via call centre, as they can ask you immediately and you can reply immediately while still on the line, and so on.  But yes, the actual quality of the exchange is more a function of the people (yes, both ends of the conversation) than the medium.

The speed of response is a QoS thing.  Even calls centers can be brought to their knees with too much demand.  You should have tried calling Rogers on the first few days of the crazy cheap internet plan being released or try to contact Fido to get the 100% discount on the data plan. 

That said, this service being heavily discount leaning do tend to employ the bare minimum of staff and so the target response time at ~ 1 hour turnaround is a bit longer than most call centers during normal times.  

I do agree that in a conversation the customer service agent to guide the discussion and assist the customer with saying the right thing whereas in a messaging system, the customer needs to be precise on the first exchange otherwise a second or third might be needed. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am I'd argue that response time (or at least feedback on receipt of the request) is probably quicker--more of than not--via a call centre than via private message exchange with the mod.  And the back-and-forth exchange--if needed--to complete the process is almost certainly quicker via call centre, as they can ask you immediately and you can reply immediately while still on the line, and so on.  But yes, the actual quality of the exchange is more a function of the people (yes, both ends of the conversation) than the medium.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Jsauterwrote:

Situation has been resolved and the sim is now working and number ported. We requested a call back from a manager to speak about the first phone rep's attitude towards our port  I had to go to my inlaws house to use their land line to call Koodo customer service as when I used my public phone the number went to public customer service which doesn't exist for my number  

What a terrible first impression!

All those on this forum who make such a big deal about having a call center should reflect on this particular situation and recalibrate their thinking.  It is not the method of contact that matters but the people at the contact centers that drive the experience.  IMHO, the customer service experience with this service takes a back seat to no call center. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jsauter yeah they seem to share a phone number and I guess it automatically directs you based on the network you dial in on or something. Another workaround for anyone else in a similar situation is to use Fongo or Hangouts Dialer to make the call instead .

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Jsauterwrote:

We are presently at a Koodo kiosk on the phone with customer service who is accusing us about lying in regard to the 6gb Koodo offer to switch text message. Koodo Rep at kiosk couldn't make them believe it. They are saying it is 4 gb and they never offered this  Thus far this Koodo service is pretty terrible. Number has already been ported out and gone from public.

Accusing the customer of lying.  Great way to make a sale.  Great way to impress the boss.

Especially since this 6GB migration promo has been discussed (quite a lot, for almost a month now) on Koodo's own forums.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jsauterwrote:

Situation has been resolved and the sim is now working and number ported. We requested a call back from a manager to speak about the first phone rep's attitude towards our port  I had to go to my inlaws house to use their land line to call Koodo customer service as when I used my public phone the number went to public customer service which doesn't exist for my number  

I'm glad to hear you have this sorted and agree that was not a good first impression.

Hopefully they do something to make it right for you. That rep sounded way out of line.

Jsauter

koimr1

@Jsauterwrote:

Yes Rep on phone said it was not real. I believe it has been put through but we have an inactive sim card from Koodo and our number is still working on public. I got an email that the number was de-referraled from my account. So I don't know wtf is the current status. 

I don't know what to tell you, I'm afraid. This promo should be very well-known to everyone at Koodo by now so it's weird that they are telling you it's "not real".

If I were in your position I would request another agent on the phone by asking for a supervisor and/or trying another Koodo store/kiosk. You should also be able to try at Walmart and London Drugs too.

Edit: I took to long to reply so I'm just echoing what @Jsauter and @will13am have said. Good luck and please update us if there's any changes - I'm sure PM would like to know since they are more/less involved in this promotion as well.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Jsauter, advocate and escalate.  Talk to customer service again and if the level 1 rep cannot fix the problem, kindly ask for them to pass you to a supervisor.  Keep going up the food chain.  You should have a SMS with the 6GB code to back you claim.  I hate to say this but the agent at the store must have been sleeping the past 2 weeks to not know that since the original deadline of March 15, both the 4GB and 5GB codes are expired and only the 6GB code will work.  Stay firm but don't lose the cool. 

twest666

@Jsauter

Call Koodo and get a different rep. The one on the phone sounds like they are, umm, not the sharpest. If the new rep refuses to give it ask to speak to a supervisor. 

Jsauter

Yes Rep on phone said it was not real. I believe it has been put through but we have an inactive sim card from Koodo and our number is still working on public. I got an email that the number was de-referraled from my account. So I don't know wtf is the current status. 

koimr1

@Jsauterwrote:

Anyone else have this issue? 

What? Wow. Not good.

Did you give them the promo code GOKOODO406GB and were you on the $120/12GB/90 Days promo while on Public? That second point is critical.

I switched when it was 5GB and when it got changed to 6GB I called Koodo and they upgraded me without much fuss.

See if you can escalate to a supervisor.

twest666

Nope not that I recall, give them the koodo promo code for the plan ,GOKOODO406GB, they should look it up and give it to you, if you are elgible for it.

Need Help? Let's chat.