cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo $35 2G plan question

penny1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Got a message saying I can get a $35 2G plan when I switch to Koodo

Is this a good deal? Will there be other good deals coming?

I'm currently on a 90-day 3G plan, which basically is $35 for 1G

I already paid for 90 days, if I choose to switch, will I get a refund for the remaining days? 

How does the offer work on a 90-day plan?

8 REPLIES 8

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@penny1 wrote:

@will13am will I be able to keep my old phone number if I switch?

If you switch by porting to koodo your number goes with you. Your PM plan closes.

I doubt you'll get any refund for any unused time from your Public Mobile plan. The 90 day plan duration doesn't really factor in for the Koodo offer, other than the fact that it's potentially more wasted funds on the ununsed duration of the Public Mobile plan.  Koodo bills all postpaid plans on set day number, monthly.

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@penny1 wrote:

@Luddite I will get the $50 in credit or the person who refers me?

You will get the $50 credit, as well as the person referring you.

You can keep your existing number.

penny1

@Luddite I will get the $50 in credit or the person who refers me?

penny1

@will13am will I be able to keep my old phone number if I switch?

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When my mother and brother switched to Koodo, they received a credit. It was outlined in the message they received from Public Mobile. But credit was not applied automatically as they promised; I had to call Koodo and made them do it.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@penny1 If you decide to switch, there is another $50 possible. Look here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Referral-for-Koodo-Migration-of-50/td-p/2...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@penny1, I am not an eligible customer and so I did not get the text message and so I don't know what the exact terms are for the migration offer.  The way things work is that whatever stranded usage you have with this service will be lost.  There are no refunds.  The migration offer will include a bill credit amount.  That is intended to offset the stranded usage.  If you are lucky, you may come out way ahead, unlucky maybe a slight loss.

With respect to your question of whether the deal will be bettered, who know for certain?  I can only say that hindsight will always be 20/15.  If you want to know the history of past migration offers, the one that was done in February started off at $40/4GB, went up to $40/5GB, and finally $40/6GB.  Can there be a repeat this time, lets start the guessing game.  If I were to hedge my bets, this time there won't be a betterment as the offer is already better by 100%.  You pay the same thing and get 1GB with this service and the migration offer gives 2GB.  The original February offer was 1:1 on data. 

I always tell people that each person has their own set of needs and individual perspective on how much they value the strengths of each service.  We can offer opinions and suggestions, but never hard recommendations.  If I were participating in this offer, the thing I would check is whether the migration plan provides access to hardware.  If it did, I would favor moving to Koodo.  The other key item I would consider is whether I rely on US roaming a lot or not.  US roaming rates can be a lot cheaper with Public Mobile.  If you don't mind, please provide a verbatim description of the other elements of the offer and others can weigh in and offer their opinions to help you finalize a decision. 

BTW, if you do decide to migrate bear in mind that doing it online will save $30 over going to a physical store.  This is the cost of doing the business to old fashion way. 

Need Help? Let's chat.