cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping the current service

Mirsaif786
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

To whom it may concern 

I want to keep the service but want to port my cell phone number to other carrier 

Is there anything you can do to help me 

Awaiting reply 

xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx or call me 

5 REPLIES 5

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I recently ported one of my numbers out from PM. The port was scheduled to complete on the same day as renewal, so I kept autopay on because I did not want the account to go into suspension. The port happened around the same time as renewal. I did not get charged from PM (yeah) but later that same day I was able to go into my account and remove my credit card. It did state that plan was expired and needed to make make payment. I also had a few credits in there from autopay. I just counted myself lucky to be able to remove my credit card.

A few days later I tried to login again, and I still can. Still suspended. My number at new service is working fine so port was good. But with PM it looks I can add funds and restart the plan. I even got a email from PM stating my account is suspended and reminding me to make a payment or lose the number in 90 days 

Weird. I am somewhat interested to see what happens if I do reactivate the plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mirsaif786 

no option like that but you can getting new number from other carrier for Free.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Mirsaif786

Regrettably, you are unable to Port your number out and  keep the public mobile service active. 

There have been varied reports of people being able to do something like this, but only if they were moving their number to a TELUS or Koodo service.

This is because Koodo & public mobile are subsidiaries of TELUS.

Such a process takes coordination between the two carriers - something that's not always achievable.

guitarpickr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Mirsaif, the only suggestion I have for you is to call forward the number to the new carrier as 2 phone providers don't have support for the same number. Hope this helps you...

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Mirsaif786 Porting out closes your account. There's no way around it.

Need Help? Let's chat.