cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting disconnected from cell network

jkim
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I'm a new PM subscriber (signed up for the $40/12GB promo!) as of yesterday, but I'm not too pleased with the cellular connection/service so far.

I was previously on Telus, and had no issues in the past with my cellular service, but when I woke up this morning, my cell phone showed no service.  I restarted my phone and it worked.   A couple of hours later, I was driving and the service dropped again.  I restarted my phone again and this time everything worked except for my data connection.  It keeps dropping connection from time to time randomly. 

I'm currently using an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S4. 

Can someone please help? 

4 REPLIES 4

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @jkim and @winjer,

Thank you for reaching out to us and for your patience 🙂 

Sorry to hear that you've been having some connection trouble! Have you tried Saray's suggestion? 

If not, I recommend that you try inserting your SIM in a different (unlocked) device - and try another SIM in your device to compare results. Also make sure that your phones are updated to the latest OS.

Please us know how it goes - you might need to acquire a new SIM card.

Thanks!

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

winjer
I'm having the same issue. My connection drops off and I have to manually select the network again to connect. It looks like I have to manually connect after restarting my phone as well.

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @jkim

I'm sorry we were unable to assist you earlier. Are you still having issues with your connection? If so, try rebooting your phone. If the issue still persists send me a private message with your Public Mobile account number and I will look into this! 🙂

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

jkim

@Mary_M can you please help?

Need Help? Let's chat.