cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just switched from Telus to Public Mobile

Bomber01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Tried to select Public mobile as new network provider and will not let my phone register.

10 REPLIES 10

@Bomber01 wrote:

Had trouble porting my old number so I canceled it  and took a new number with Public mobile.  will probably have to wait a couple of hours.

@Bomber01 - do you have services on this new number yet? You can always request the port from Telus over afterwards.

But getting service after activation is an important step. If still no services (but hopefully you do by now..) try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

Then you can try porting your Telus number again, either through your self serve or with CSA if issues persist.

@Bomber01 wrote:

Tried to select Public mobile as new network provider and will not let my phone register.

This may sound overly simplle, but rather than try to select a specific network, did you try to select the automatic network selection setting?

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Personally, I think the chatbot is terribly designed and I personally would never ever recommend anyone to use it, but that's strictly my own subjective opinion. And I respect that others may not agree with this for whatever reasons.

@Zyl   

There was a brief time Chatbot was broken (around the time when Community was updated), Chatbot did post a notice about the issue but they took it down long time

I have tried it myself to open ticket as well was another Oracle confirmed it is now functioning.  

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@softech wrote:

@Bomber01 wrote:

Had trouble porting my old number so I canceled it  and took a new number with Public mobile.  will probably have to wait a couple of hours.

then you don't need to call the Porting team. 

Before you open ticket with PM, please first reboot your phone and check again what is showing on the phone status.  is it SIM Not Provisioned?  No SIM? or No Network?

If you still cannot connect to the network at all, open a ticket with PM support

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

@softech  I thought Simon the chat robot is not working so one is to send private messages directly to CS_Agent to have issues resolved.  Has this changed?  Are we now to advise members to use chat bot again?  

Thanks 

@Bomber01 wrote:

then you don't need to call the Porting team. 

Before you open ticket with PM, please first reboot your phone and check again what is showing on the phone status.  is it SIM Not Provisioned?  No SIM? or No Network?

If you still cannot connect to the network at all, open a ticket with PM support

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

0PX9O4

@Bomber01 

If you send a private message to CS_Agent with your account details (both PM account details, as well as Telus account) they can help you port in your old number. They will also ensure that you are set up correctly once the new number is successfully ported in.

Bomber01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Bomber01   The activation process was completed and PM charged your credit card already?

Part of the porting process is to get a text from your old provider (Telus) and you reply YES within 90 minutes.  Did you reply the message?

If you have not, there is a number to call to confirm the porting status. They can re-trigger the text process if it was expired.  I will message you .  Check your Community inbox , envelope icon on top right

0PX9O4

@Bomber01 

Did you port your Telus number? How long has it been since you started the porting process? Porting can take a few hours to complete.

Need Help? Let's chat.