cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just switched from Telus, but SIM card won't work

Banoff
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just went through all the steps to register and set up my new account with Public Mobile, including porting my number from Telus.  I got the confirmation text and email from Telus, and was instructed to put my new SIM card in.  I did that, but now I have no service.  The phone recognizes it's a Public Mobile sim, but says "Temporarily unavailable."  I tried switching back to my Telus SIM, but it says the same thing.  What do I do? I need my phone.  It's a Pixel 7.  I made the switch 2 hours ago. 

12 REPLIES 12

Banoff

It was a provisioning issue, Public Mobile was able to fix it after 18 hours. 

@Banoff wrote:

I have opened a ticket as well as messaging that link and trying to call the help number.  I have not received any help.  I definitely regret switching to Public.

As your Public Mobiel service isn't working, this is a issue related to the Public Mobile service.  The porting department can only help with number porting issue (which this isn't).

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Banoff 

If you confirmed with YES that your are porting over to PM. Your old Telus SIM will continue to work work until porting is completed…this could take longer than 2 hours. Once the Telus SIM stopped working then power off your phone and switch to the PM SIM then power the phone back on.

Please be aware that the above informaiton doesn't apply to this situation.  The part about it taking about 2 hours is only for the reaminder of incoming communications to be routed to the new service.  In this case, the Public Mobiel service isn't at all.  This isn't a number porting issue.

@Banoff  Glitches when porting can happen with any carrier but it does seem to be the hard part with Public Mobile.  For the most part its fine after that.  There is no help number to call for Public Mobile, support is all online but they don't officially start until 9 am EST.  Have you rebooted the phone (yes I see you did that but try again in case it as too soon)

Banoff

I have opened a ticket as well as messaging that link and trying to call the help number.  I have not received any help.  I definitely regret switching to Public.

@Banoff  Send a private message to customer service using tnis link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

An agent will reply at the envelope icon top right or tap your avatar for Messages if no envelope.  They may take a few hours to reply as their main hours are 9 am to 10  pm EST.

Banoff

Yea, went through all that. It's been 7 hours now, still not working. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Banoff 

If you confirmed with YES that your are porting over to PM. Your old Telus SIM will continue to work work until porting is completed…this could take longer than 2 hours. Once the Telus SIM stopped working then power off your phone and switch to the PM SIM then power the phone back on.

Banoff

Yes, I have tried all of those things, none have worked.  It's now been 5 hours and still no connection. 

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Banoff 

Did you try rebooting phone, resetting network settings or reinstalling SIM card?

Need Help? Let's chat.