cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just signed up!

Kaileyf20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I just recently purchased the new 39$ plan with an e sim. My sim seems to be activated and when others call me it goes straight to voice mail that says my number that’s been ported over from  another provider. However I myself can not send or receive text messages. I can only use data and make outgoing phone calls. It’s been over 5 hours since I ported the number over. I also can’t receive the 6 number code to sign in because I’m not receiving any text messages. Any suggestions? Thank you 🙂 

7 REPLIES 7

Morty85
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

all I know is when I ported from telus I had to turn on the eSIM. and also select it as the primary before I got calls texts or data. because when I responded yes to port . I lost all connection.  but everthing works now for me 

@Morty85 but you can turn on buy physical (assuming you have an active one) and eSIM  together and both would work

Morty85
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

did you make the eSIM the primary SIM.

I had to do that on my android 

@Kaileyf20 

Reboot the phone once more.  Call yourself from another phone and see if your PM sim rings. If not, the port was not completed.  It could be a delay on your old provider side and they have not pass the number to PM yet

You can also test by putting you old sim back into the phone and see if you can make and receive calls on the old provider sim card

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kaileyf20 

Try rebooting, resetting network settings. Your account might not have been provisioned correctly and in that case you should contact an agent.

You will receive a response from an agent faster using the first option below, which is the preferred method.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in top right hand corner for a reply from the agent.

Kaileyf20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes I did reply yes to the port text message 

@Kaileyf20 wrote:

Hello, I just recently purchased the new 39$ plan with an e sim. My sim seems to be activated and when others call me it goes straight to voice mail that says my number that’s been ported over from  another provider. However I myself can not send or receive text messages. I can only use data and make outgoing phone calls. It’s been over 5 hours since I ported the number over. I also can’t receive the 6 number code to sign in because I’m not receiving any text messages. Any suggestions? Thank you 🙂 

I beleive that your number hasn't ported over.  Did you reply to a text message from the old carrier to okay the number transfer?

Need Help? Let's chat.