cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just ported to Public Mobile, I can make calls but incoming call still directed to old carrier

doucanada
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, new to Public Mobile and just registered and ported my number from Rogers.  I changed the SIM to the new SIM and received sms from PM, I'm able to make outgoing calls but incoming are still going to Rogers.  My calls show up on my account's View Usage.  I received an sms telling me to complete online form for SIM & Activation and I'm not expecting any reply until Monday.  Any idea what happened?  I still have one number to port and want to make sure it's done correctly.  Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

No problem that is what this community is all about.  Helping people save some money and showing the Big 3 we have been paying to much for to long.  Well I know Telus owns PM but still showing them we want lower rates

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

doucanada

Thanks for the info!

SMS message and even after I got it my Rogers sim was still active but I had full service on my PM SIM as well

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

doucanada

I ported the number around 2 1/2 hours ago, so it's probably still in progress.  I'll just have to wait till morning to see it everything went well.  When you said you received a message was it thru SMS or email?  Thanks for the info.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

How long ago did you do this.  I had a similar thing when I came from Rogers and until I received a message saying my Transfer was successfully completed welcome to Public Mobile the port was still in progress.  If it has been under 2 hours it could still be in process if it is over I would say you are stuck mid port and would keep the Rogers SIM in.

Need Help? Let's chat.