cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just found out that the $40 promotion was just for the freedom mobile customers.

Skihan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I switched to public mobile a couple days ago from Rogers looking at the recent $40 promotion.

On the plan promotion website, it simply said that it is for the new customers only, without specifying that only the freedom mobile customers were included.

Now I look through the forums, and see that the promotion was only for the freedom mobile customers.

I feel that they public mobile should have made things clear on the promotion website instead of saying vaguely that it is just for the "new customers".
9 REPLIES 9

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There is a constant theme of people failing to read or follow instructions properly and then blaming PM for their mistake. 

neatooo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
you are right, I mistook that for the FM promo. Sorry about that!

@neatooo can you confirm it was actually extended, nothing I can find in the fourms, the promo page on the site was removed. And no news on any other sites (mobile syurp, reddit, ect).

There is indeed a promo plan that ends July 12th, but it is not the freedom mobile offer. Its a simple talk & text plan

neatooo

Sorry, I mistook the extension for the FM promo.

you can still get the promo as it was extended till July 12th. Buy another PM sim. buy a FM sim at a FM store ($10), get the lowest plan on FM with a new number, post paid. move that over to PM, and wait for the promo to kick in, takes around 72 hours. Ask a mod to move your original number from Rogers which is on PM now, to replace your new FM number.

Please include sim#, phone#, email used during activation, and detailed description of what happened.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Private-Messages-viewing-and-creating/...

shawnie_boy

You should talk to rogers, maybe they can get you on the 4gb for $50 since you just cancelled and are having second thoughts. They will probably do it with a new number and then you can port your number back. Maybe ask a mod if they will give you a refund or credit. 

guinness22
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Rogers did offer 4 GB for 50 a month if u with them for 9O days if u had called them

Agreed with both ops.
When I saw the promo first time its was pretty clear that its for freedom customer if they decided to port over. 🙂
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

shawnie_boy

Honestly, I think the deal with extremely clear on the website. Sorry you jumped the gun on this one. Most people just signed up to freedom first and transferred that number over and then ported their rogers number. 

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

It was made clear that the promotion was for freedom customers, as well as in the community fourms. On the plan section of the website it had in an astrix (Freedom Mobile Offer) this is for the 12gb data offer. Even on the promotion website, it went to a new page giving instructions on how to get the offer

There is a $40/2gb offer, but only with 6gb, not 12gb. (120 over 90 days, 6gb over 90 days)

Yes it is unforunate, but you should have done more research 

Need Help? Let's chat.