cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's really frustrating. I registered and paid for a new plan. Then PM don't not allow me to login.

AliceLei
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I registered and paid for a new plan. Then Public mobile doesn't allow me to log in. It keeps prompting the login page or activation page. So I can not create a ticket to get a real agent to help me. Now it's a dead loop. What should I do?

33 REPLIES 33

@bluesystems  did you download the app the finish the activation ? If not give that a try first . If still no luck please submit ticket with support to help 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

bluesystems

I have the same issue as

"It's really frustrating. I registered and paid for a new plan. Then PM don't not allow me to login."

Would like to have cell service after paying for it. Seems a reasonable expectation that they actually provide cell service after customer makes payment.

hi @bluesystems 

for app, try to Uninstall and reinstall and could work. You can also try using Incognito/private/secret mode on the browser 

if not, submit ticket with agent

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

bluesystems

I too can not login to my account from a PC and just getting stuck in a endless loop of requests to login and verify over and over and never actually logging in. Yes so all activations need the app Public EXCEPT the app does not work any more! I just get a error message saying "App Maintenance" and can do nothing. Very poor service experience.

AliceLei

Hi, all guys, I really appreciate your help yesterday! 

I had progress today. I got my SIM card today from the store and inserted it just now. The Koodo service has been cancelled and stopped. But unfortunately, the service of Public Mobile does not work. Now I go into the loop again. I can not log in, because it says I have an active service, so it needs a 6-digit number sent to my phone, but the service on my phone does not work, I can not receive the 6-digit number. 

What should I do now? Thank you! 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What is the make and model of your phone?

@AliceLei  Yes all new activations need the app so has to be done on phone or tablet 

Can you get the app and use the login you created on the web site? Even though you don't yet have a sim it should let you in to that point. There should be a log out link to log out of the app. Then come back to it when you get the sim. But we're trying to see what works and what doesn't.

AliceLei

I think I paid successfully. There is one issue, I guess might be the problem, which is that all I have done was on a PC, not the phone. 

You still have hurdles to clear though. You said you paid for a plan. Did that actually come out of your credit card and not pending? You should be able to download and log in to the app with the login id you made earlier on the web site. You actually should be able to log in the site anyway which is why I ask if you did pay.

AliceLei

Ok, I see. I will pick up the SIM card. Thank you so much!

It's just driven you to all the wrong places hasn't it! So the esim choice gave some kind of error. Is your phone esim-capable? That error would suggest not. It's there that you would have needed to go back to say that you will get a sim.
You can "create a ticket" even though the ticket system is broken by sending a private message as given earlier.
Click on the Pick up a sim card link down below and find a store near you and call before going to check stock. Or order from Amazon or direct from Public (which seems to take way too long).

AliceLei

I'm not sure, how to know? I paid the plan every month. I guess it should be post-paid, because if I forget to pay, I still can use it. 

AliceLei

I picked eSIM card, and it asked me to enter the IMEI number, after I entered, it showed a red circle beside it, there was no explanation, so I didn't know what it meant. I did not download the app yet. I registered and paid for the plan on a desktop PC, then everything was frozen. I cannot log in, can not create a ticket to transfer the number, and can not ask to either mail or pick up the SIM card.

AliceLei

My old number is Koodo. And when I bought the plan, it did not ask me to provide the address to mail the SIM card or let me select a pickup location. After I paid, then I can not login, then I can not do nothing.

HI @AliceLei 

you are not at the step about phone number yet.  You need to be able to login the app and it will be the phone number stop

However, in the beginning, it will ask you if you want physical sim or eSIM, which one you picked?

and as suggested above by @will13am , uninstall and reinstall the app and try to login and it will work this time

@AliceLei  Ok so you’re coming from Koodo and now you know you need SIM card in hand to finish the activation . But is your Koodo services pre paid or post paid ? This is important because if post paid  you can still transfer number in activation . If Koodo pre paid you will have to pick  temp phone number with PM then get support to transfer it for you 

AliceLei

And when I bought the plan, it did not give me a new number. I registered for the plan, and it asked me to pay, Then I paid, then nothing happened, and even worse, I couldn't log in anymore. 

You can do the transfer yourself unless you're coming from Koodo prepaid (and PC Mobile?). Or unless you're coming Telus or Koodo from a suspended account.

When you get the sim then you need to finish in the app.

AliceLei

I haven't got a new SIM card or eSIM, I still use the old SIM card from Koodo. How can I finish the activation?

@AliceLei  So this is the issues . Wait till you get the SIM card in hand download the app and it will pick up where you left off in the website . Then you will be able to log in after activation till then your don’t really have an account to log into 

AliceLei

I haven't started the service yet, I just bought the plan, and haven't got the SIM or eSIM card yet, The next step I tried to do was to create the ticket to let the agent transfer my number, then the system did not allow me to log in so I can not create ticket. Now the situation is I can not log in, so I can not create a ticket, so I cannot get help. 

@AliceLei  So are services working now with a temporary number ? Or did you not download the app to finish the activation . You need to activate in the app to complete activation now 

AliceLei

What I did was follow the instructions on the webpage, I registered the plan, that $40, 5G/month. paid the payment, then when I tried to create the ticket to transfer my phone number, it did not allow me to log in. 

AliceLei

Thank you! This is the only way worked.

@AliceLei wrote:

It's really really frustrating. When I log in, it lets me either resume the activation or go to the login page. But when I click the resume, it asks me to log in, when I log in, it says the password and user name do not match, then when I use "forget password", it says the email address is invalid, then when I try to sign up, it says the email address is already exist. What's wrong with the system? I paid the payment already, I just want to transfer my phone number. 

This is a data caching issue.  I suggest using the app to login.  Before doing so, delete app data or reinstall app.  

AliceLei

I tried already, same issue.

@AliceLei  So you’re just trying to transfer number into PM now ? Have you not had option to do so on activation on the app ? Does your sim have services now at all 

HI @AliceLei 

important question is your service working?

if it is, then just account login problem. Submit ticket and agent will help

AliceLei

It's really really frustrating. When I log in, it lets me either resume the activation or go to the login page. But when I click the resume, it asks me to log in, when I log in, it says the password and user name do not match, then when I use "forget password", it says the email address is invalid, then when I try to sign up, it says the email address is already exist. What's wrong with the system? I paid the payment already, I just want to transfer my phone number. 

Need Help? Let's chat.