cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with porting

boweno
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got the following message as I was trying to port my number over.  However, know from my provider that port protection has been removed. 

What's confusing is that I was able to install the eSim and use my data, call, and have SOME texting (I have a new phone with the eSim and old phone with the old sim). I can send texts from both phones, but receive texts from either one phone or the other (from different people). Please help! 

"Hey, it's Public Mobile. We're having trouble transferring your number. Contact your previous provider to remove your account block. Once block is removed, please inform one of our moderators by using our virtual assistant at: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat. Someone from our team will also contact you shortly using your original phone number or the alternate number provided."

7 REPLIES 7

HI  @boweno 

Yes, you need to reply text from Bell, you got it earlier? did you reply YES?

call porting team and ask them to resend the port request  Then have Bell sim ready to receive the text and reply YES

Will send you the porting team number 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@boweno if you have an iphone for both accounts, perhaps those texts are imessages, not actual SMS messages.

If you do have 2 iphones, after the public mobile one has all it's working services, you may want to deregister that old phone with the phone number. Deregister the number on the iphone: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Set up your phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

@boweno  ok, what type of services can you use on your Public Mobile account?

Mobile ports take about 2 hours to complete. So if it has been over that time, perhaps a porting issue.

boweno
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@esjliv it's still active. I'm still able to call and use data with my old phone with my old provider, Bell. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@softech but is this a message you would get for incomplete port?

@boweno - a block, interesting. Is your old provider's account still ACTIVE? It needs to be active to port over to Public Mobile, unless you are coming from Telus or Koodo, there may be allowances with these providers.

I would submit a ticket to CSA and see what is up exactly. Methods to contact Public Mobile Customer Support (CSA) below:

1-Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], also found in various places in Public webpages, and bottom right corner of the page (See the Chat Bubble), 

2-OR, go to your ENVELOPE at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message.  Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@boweno  No worries I’ll send you the porting team number private message , they can re trigger the port request for you 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@boweno 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card, and only outgoing calls, wok  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.