cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with porting over number

Fahphone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just recieved my sim card and tried to port over from rogers. I recently helped port a friend over and I was able to do it smoothly.

This time when i activated my sim and created an account I recieved a text from public saying "to complete your request to move to public mobile please go to public mobile.ca and click contact us and complete the sim and activation onlike form. Youll need to provide the correct ESN/MEID from your previous service provider."

The issue is that when i try to go back to the activation form it says my SIM is invalid bc i already activated it. I cant seem to find where to do this within the account i already have created. When i call my number the phone doesnt ring. 

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

@ChuckYeah wrote:

That's an old message that probably should be changed. Check to see if the credit card was charged. If not, clear your cache, go into incognito mode and try again in a bit.

If it was charged, you likely have to provide more info or had incorrect info.

You're correct that moderators will be needed to fix this.  Since this new member's service is working, payment has gone through. Otherwise, @Fahphone wouldn't have been able to receive that text message from Public Mobile.

@Fahphone wrote:

This time when i activated my sim and created an account I recieved a text from public saying "to complete your request to move to public mobile please go to public mobile.ca and click contact us and complete the sim and activation onlike form. Youll need to provide the correct ESN/MEID from your previous service provider."

The issue is that when i try to go back to the activation form it says my SIM is invalid bc i already activated it. I cant seem to find where to do this within the account i already have created. When i call my number the phone doesnt ring. 

That message means that your porting request has failed.  There is no such form that was mentioned in that text message. For future, I wouldn't use IMEI.  The one the carriers prefer most of the is account number.

As for your phone not ringing, keep using your Rogers sim card for now.

Fahphone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks i submitted a ticket

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

That's an old message that probably should be changed. Check to see if the credit card was charged. If not, clear your cache, go into incognito mode and try again in a bit.

If it was charged, you likely have to provide more info or had incorrect info.

To provide the right info, create a support ticket.

Creating a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:

SIMON

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand. Answer his questions until you get here:

Create a support ticket

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

Need Help? Let's chat.