cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Activation

tiffk17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’ve been trying to transfer my phone number from Koodo for the last 3 hours. 

I transferred my son’s line with no issues, and the transfer is already complete; however, not only did I not receive an activation e-mail from Public, I also had service issues during the transfer process, so was unable to respond within the 90 minutes to my previous Provider. Needless to say, my activation didn’t seem to go through, and my previous provider recommended I contact Public Mobile, and start over again. Yet, the app says I’m subscribed, so I can’t start over without the help from a customer service agent. There’s no phone number for me to call for Public - just the chat. Please help, this is so discouraging! 

8 REPLIES 8

APO868
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I started transferring my number from Koodoo. I didn`t know that I have to choose "new number" first. I chose transfer number. Now I can`t go back in the app and choose New number. How should I restart the process for choosing new number? Any ideas?

JeJe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Could I have the phone number as well. I am having a same issue 

HI @tiffk17 

happy that it helped ,and even happier it is all resolved

tiffk17

It’s resolved!!! Finally. Thank you everyone for all of the tips!

I was able to have the porting process re-initiated; however, my e-sim activation kept failing.  After my third attempt and purchase, it finally decided to co-operate!! 

tiffk17

I have a monthly plan. I’m on the line waiting to speak with an agent now. Thank you, though! 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @tiffk17 no need to use that chat, call PM porting team to get the process reinitiate again. I will send the number to your Community inbox 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

First of all, were you porting over from Koodo post paid, or Koodo prepaid?

postpaid works like any other carrier port

prepaid requires customer support agent assistance here, since both systems use the same backend processes as they are all under the Telus umbrella

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

@tiffk17 

I'll send you a phone number to call to get assistance porting the number over. They can trigger the port text. Just make sure you have the Koodo SIM card in the phone to say yes.

Need Help? Let's chat.