cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues updating payment information

lys1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Has anyone had the same issue and got it resolved, or does anyone have any advice they could kindly share? I'm trying to update my payment information for auto-pay as my credit card expired. Everytime I go to enter the new credit card info (and I double checked, my credit card has been activated), it just says that it can't be processed and to try again later. I moved to NS from NB, but have kept my NB number as I use it for everything else, and I see the PM said to use the same postal code as the area code, but I've updated my billing address to be my NS address, and it just doesn't make any sense to me why the postal code and area code not matching would be an issue since the payment info should match whatever info my bank has (so my NS address). I've tried everything from doing it on the website incognito, and on the app, and waiting an hour before trying again, but nothing is working. I've submitted a ticket to CS_agent, but they weren't helpful and just told me that I have to buy vouchers. Does anyone have any advice or had a similar situation that they got resolved?

10 REPLIES 10

lys1

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately I tried using the Edge browser in incognito mode, but am still unable to update my payment information

MandyJS
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@lys1 wrote:

I don't think my name on my profile is long either, 6 characters for my first name and three character for my last name. Or is that in fact long?

My profile name is longer than that (6 + 10 letters), so I think you are fine there lol...

MandyJS

@lys1 

I don't have a different province's area code, but between plans I did move to a different region in Ontario, so my phone number's area code is from a different provincial region than matches my card's billing address. (My billing address is in 705 area code region, but my phone number is 905 area code).  Not exactly the same, but somewhat similar.

@lys1 

your definitely have a good name 🙂

so, you tried payment before you fixed the address on the account, right?

you can try wait a full 24 hours and try again.  But some don't get that working after another couple days

and yes, if you need to resume service quick, better to get a voucher from store and load the voucher via *611 and then try payment again a week later

lys1

Yes, that's my situation. Phone area code is 506 (from NB), but my billing address is in NS because I've moved to NS. I changed the address in My Account Profile to be my NS address about 4 hours ago, and I've verified that my NS address is listed in my profile, but still won't work when I try to enter my new payment information. I don't think my name on my profile is long either, 6 characters for my first name and three character for my last name. Or is that in fact long?

@lys1 wrote:

Just to clarify, do you have a phone area code that is for a different province than your postal code for your cards billing address?

@lys1 

so your phone area code is not on the same province as your billing address?

while PM is not sending name/address info to credit card for posting payment, it looks like they still have some kind of validation now when updating new credit card.   So, make sure you have the correct address and postal code on your My Account's Profile and match those on your credit card.  Also, check the name on your profile.  If you have a very long name, maybe try shortening it with initials.

lys1

I tried to do it in the app as well after waiting an hour, but it still said the same thing, couldn't be processed and to try again later. Just to clarify on, is your phone number area code in a different province than your payment method's billing address postal code? Just want to know if my situation is similar to yours or not

lys1

Just to clarify, do you have a phone area code that is for a different province than your postal code for your cards billing address? I just tried to add my payment info again using Microsoft Edge instead of Chrome, but it stills says it couldn't be processed and to try again later :'(

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I did this today and had success. I used the APP and had no issues at all.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

MandyJS

I see you said that you've tried it on the website incognito, but have you tried in a different browser type? I tried before to pay with my card on Chrome and it wouldn't let me whatever I tried, then I switched to Edge browser and right away the payment went through. Worth a try anyway if you haven't yet 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.