cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues transferring number from Lüm

dylanshivak
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having trouble porting my number over from Lüm mobile. I initiated the transfer yesterday & got a text message from them confirmed the transfer - I responded immediately and thought that was it. Ever since I haven’t been receiving SMS messages or phone calls.

I reached out to customer support to try and re-do the transfer but PM is saying that my Lüm account number & IMEI are being denied. They’ve tried multiple times to re-do the transfer but all they say is that the account info & IMEI don’t work. I tried re-initializing the transfer from the app and it tells me that my number isn’t eligible for transferring?

I’ve gone back and forth with PM customer support and they’re essentially saying all I can do is get a new number from PM. I’ve had this number for 15 years are would really like to keep it. 

5 REPLIES 5

Great @dylanshivak  that all sorted out

dylanshivak

I was able to speak to the Porting Team and they were able to fix the issue with the 5 vs. 9 digit account number. If anyone else is coming from Lum I would recommend you give them a call!

HI @dylanshivak 

call the number I sent you.  Provide them the account number.. add 0 to the front , so, 12345 becomes 000012345

dylanshivak

I have not spoken to PM on the phone, just through the mailbox. 

I did provide both the account # and IMEI. PM support told me my account # is invalid and needs to be 9 digits, when all Lüm accounts are only 5 digits. They said it’s all automated and my account # is just not working. 

IMG_6498.jpegI reached out to Lüm and they confirmed that my account number is valid and they have had no issues porting to PM in the past. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @dylanshivak 

did you talk to PM porting team on the phone? if not, I can send you the phone number, check Community inbox

and did you provide them Lum mobile's account number? don't use IMEI

and did you talk to Lum mobile and see what the issue is?

Need Help? Let's chat.