cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues in transferring number from freedom to public mobile

Tianaatapattu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey Public Mobile community! Appreciate any help you guys can offer on the following:

- I was with freedom mobile until last month. I requested to transfer my number to public mobile.

-  However when public mobile sent me a confirmation text to my freedom number, I did not receive it. 

- I was able to make outgoing calls and texts so figured the transfer had completed. However I discovered later that I missed the 90 min confirmation window because my freedom mobile sim wasn't functioning i.e I would see the SOS sign on the signal bar. 

- Now I can't get verification texts to my public mobile number because I can't receive texts. Therefore I can't put in a ticket because I can't see my e-sim account number.  

Please help.

10 REPLIES 10

@DanTheMan8 

sent.  Please check your Community inbox 

DanTheMan8

Can you please send me this number?

@Tianaatapattu 

you need to call Freedom and see if they accept a verbal approval for porting. Once you have sorted out that with Freedom, call back PM porting team and ask them to re-trigger the process. 

Tianaatapattu

the freedom service was/is still working, however the sim malfunctioned from freedom and the signal was SOS despite the account still being active

Tianaatapattu

Freedom account is still active, the physical sim does not work from freedom - i.e. SOS 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Tianaatapattu 

Once your Freedom account is closed. You can’t port your number over to PM. 
To confirm if your account is closed, your Freedom SIM doesn’t work anymore. 
Your number will be returned to the carrier who you originally got the number from.

But if it does work then your account is active (which means you can restart the port process to port your number over). 

@Hollister wrote:

@Tianaatapattu 

I will pm you the number to call to reinitiate the port. Check mail icon.

Calling in to to restart the port isn't going to help if the Freedom service isn't working or isn't active. It's very important that the customer gets the Freedom service working for or doing any of this won't yield any positve results.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you mean you got the SOS with the Freedom sim in a phone after you think you transferred? Or was it showing SOS before you tried to transfer? Can you tell if your Freedom account is still active?
Public doesn't send the confirmation text, Freedom does, to the phone with the Freedom sim in it.

@Tianaatapattu wrote:

Hey Public Mobile community! Appreciate any help you guys can offer on the following:

- I was with freedom mobile until last month. I requested to transfer my number to public mobile.

-  However when public mobile sent me a confirmation text to my freedom number, I did not receive it. 

- I was able to make outgoing calls and texts so figured the transfer had completed. However I discovered later that I missed the 90 min confirmation window because my freedom mobile sim wasn't functioning i.e I would see the SOS sign on the signal bar. 

- Now I can't get verification texts to my public mobile number because I can't receive texts. Therefore I can't put in a ticket because I can't see my e-sim account number.  

As the message from Freedom was never replied to, that means that the number never ported over and the service at Freedom should still be active. The first step will be to check on that and to figure out why your Freedom service wasn't working last month.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tianaatapattu 

I will pm you the number to call to reinitiate the port. Check mail icon.

Need Help? Let's chat.