cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues With Porting/Refunds

CrichtonC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Okay, so I have a few issues here. Now, before I go into the problems,  I have messaged moderators two days ago, and haven’t heard anything back from them, which is why I’m now posting in here.

I tried to help my husband join PM, but it has been constant problems. First, when initially trying to create an account, it kept showing errors, so we tried it multiple times. The following day we noticed the money had come out of our bank account multiple times, but on PM’s end, he still didn’t have an account. So we obviously need that money back, and I’m not sure how to do so when nobody will contact me.

Second problem was porting his number over. We were finally able to create an account using vouchers, but had to chose a new phone number. We’ve tried porting his number via the self serve option, which says it was successful, but it has yet to work. When I call his number he was trying to port, it now says it’s out of service, which is making him nervous because he needs that number for work. The phone has been restarted, sim taken out, etc. and it is still on his temp. number.

This has been going on since Friday afternoon/evening, and it’s now Sunday. Do the moderators not work on weekends? Or maybe just this weekend, as it’s Civic Holiday? Does anyone know how to fix either of these issues? The issue with money I know falls to the mods, but I’m just frustrated because it’s taking so long for a response. Has anyone else had a similar experience, and how was it solved? 

It is annoying because my transition to PM was fairly easy, but his has been nothing but a pain. 

3 REPLIES 3

For issues such as these, it's unfortuante, but only moderators can do anything about them.

As for whether they can or are willing to provide a refund, you'll have to wait from them.  Sorry, but no one these forums can do anything for anyone else at the account level.  All users on this message board, except for moderators and a few other Public Mobile emlployees are just customers, just like you.

As for your husband's line, in self-serve's change number feature, "succesful" does not mean tthat the number port was actually successful.  It only means taht Public Mobile has received your request and has assigned the phone number to your account.  It means nothing as to whether the number has been transfer; in fact it will say "successful" even before the originating carrier of the phone number has even had a chance to respond to the request.

When it comes to the number saying "out of service" when calling it, this in all likelihood means that the original carrier did release the phone number to Public Mobile and that the number is now in Public Mobile's possesion. This, of course, assumes that you did not first cancel the service at the old provider (number to needs to be still active to port to another carrier).  We've seen this before where Public Mobile's computer systems have somehow failed to automatically provision the phone number to the account and sim card.

You can try to get a refund if you wish, but with the number already transfered to Public Mobile (I'm assuming that it has), that would mean that Public Mobile's service would have to be kept active if you wish to transfer it another carrier.  If your husband does need to keep the phone number, the moderators would have to fix up the account anyway. You would have to then ask if they are willing to put an inexpensive $10 plan on the account so that you can transfer the phone number elsewhere.  After going through all the trouble, it might be worth staying, assuming that everything gets fixed.

I know that it's frustrating for you.  Clearly, the moderators have been very busy and haven't been able to get to you as fast as expected.    

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

This might be a new porting bug this is the second or third time hearing selfseve saying port successful but nothing happening.

As for refunds, only the mods can help. Unfirtunatly mods have been busier than normal. Please be patient.  Hopefully they will fix the issue tomorrow

Deekk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Having the same problem, contacted moderator back and forth just providing them info but no work has been done yet. this is since last Sunday....

Need Help? Let's chat.