cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues Receiving SMS and Calls from non-iPhones

MBert93
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

My wife and I both ported our numbers to Public. On my end, no issues whatsoever. 

However, my wife's phone after successfully porting, has not received SMS or calls from non-iphones and landlines.

We have followed every single piece of advice in regards to reseting Network settings, SIM, airplane mode, and numerous other attempts at solving. 

We have come to the conclusion (and others in forums) that this is an issue with our provider (Public).

The fact that Public Mobile has delegated customer service to a forum and unhelpful chatbots has made me regret switching over to begin with.

Now for my question, for the love of everything that is good and true:

Is there a human that I can speak to at Public Mobile before I cancel our subscriptions?

Has anyone experienced this before and solved this?

Phone: iPhone 15

SIM (not eSim)

15 REPLIES 15

@MBert93   There is a phone number for porting issues, just that we didn't know it was a porting issue until now.  Check your community inbox in a few minutes and I will private message you the number to call.

MBert93

So the issue was porting with the number. 

Unfortunately we do not have the old sim card. After being on hold for a good bit of time with my old provider, they sent an authorization for 24 hours. 

Now waiting on Public Mobile to confirm that. Less than 12 hours before they fix the problem.

Again, this would be way easier if I could have just called someone to check an authorization request on an account and just fix it, rather than send an email and hope for the best.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@MBert93 

yes this is a common issue with activations and the transfer confirmation text. contact customer support and ask them to reprovision/reset the network on their end.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

*customer support doesn't always respond promptly. please be patient and check your inbox every few hours to see if there is a response

CSA are available from

- Monday to Friday: 6AM- 10PM EST
- Saturday and Sunday: 6AM- 10PM EST  

MBert93

Yes, they were

*On and off and on

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@MBert93   Earlier you wrote "SMS Options have been turned on and off.".  Can you confirm that afterwards you turned SMS back on again?  

MBert93

Yes. We ported / transfered the SMS at initial switch

@MBert93 wrote:

We coordinated with a friend to call her.

The number went straight to voicemail.

@MBert93 - voicemail from the previous provider? Did you reply YES to the porting / transfer SMS that should of arrived on the old provider's SIM card before you removed it from the phone?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MBert93 - we are not agents here, just customers like you as mentioned.

This could just be an account provisioning issue, not a phone or SIM card issue. So first try the sim card in another phone, and if it doesn't work submit a ticket to CS_Agent as per #2 step above.

MBert93

We coordinated with a friend to call her.

The number went straight to voicemail.

MBert93

Hi @esjliv 

Its a brand new phone from the box. 

We are going to try her SIM in a different phone and report what happens. 

We have together tried both those troubleshoots. 

Can an agent pull up her SIM, or send a new one? 

@MBert93 does your wife have a 'new to her phone'?

Deregister the old number on the iphone: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Set up her new phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

Try to perform the following steps to try and fix the issue:

1. Connect to the internet using WiFi or Data.
  2. Go to Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage OFF.
  3. Turn your iPhone off completely, then turn it back on.
  4. Go back into Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage ON.
  5. Make sure “Send as SMS” is also turned ON.

@MBert93 wrote:

SMS Options have been turned on and off.

This is also happening with not receiving calls from not IOS devices.

A network issue certaintly is possible at some level, but that wouldn't affect communications only from others not using iPhone devices. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MBert93 - can you try your wife's sim card in your phone and see if texts and calls work?

There is no phone number to talk to support here. And in this community we are all customers/members just like you.

Methods to contact Public Mobile Customer Support (CSA) below:

1-Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], also found in various places in Public webpages, and bottom right corner of the page (See the Chat Bubble), 

BUT above process has been temperamental, so see below .... #2

2-, go to your ENVELOPE at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message.  Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support.

MBert93

SMS Options have been turned on and off.

This is also happening with not receiving calls from not IOS devices.

I can't think of any option that would cause non-iPhone calls not to come in. However, for messages, the SMS option needs to be enabble receive text messages.

Need Help? Let's chat.