Issue with plan- cannot make any calls despite plan active

nwilliams
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

my plan entails the following:

• - 500MB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

but whenever i make a call this is what i hear on the receiving end: " sorry we cannot complete your call you dont have a active long distance add on and this call is not covered by your plan, get a add on  by dialing *611"

The numbers i am calling are all local 416&647 numbers. I topped up my plany yesterday and when i called public mobile they said they could not help due to the number being a new one and that I would have to resort to the community. Your help is greatly appreciated.

P.S. my phone is not on airplane mode.

Regards,

2 REPLIES 2

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@nwilliams Did you recently port in your number? If yes, did it successfully ported in?

The numbers you are unable to reach, do you have that issue with all numbers or some? Have you tried dialing +1 in front of the number?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nwilliams wrote:

Hello,

my plan entails the following:

• - 500MB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

but whenever i make a call this is what i hear on the receiving end: " sorry we cannot complete your call you dont have a active long distance add on and this call is not covered by your plan, get a add on  by dialing *611"

The numbers i am calling are all local 416&647 numbers. I topped up my plany yesterday and when i called public mobile they said they could not help due to the number being a new one and that I would have to resort to the community. Your help is greatly appreciated.

P.S. my phone is not on airplane mode.

Regards,

Your plan features may not be provisioned correctly after plan topup.  Try the lost/stolen phone trick to provision your plan feature again.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is about 48 - 72 hours. Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.