cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue when get the new SIM card

Hoangnam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a problem with my new sim card,I lost my phone and  I got the new sim card this morning and i want to keep my old number (public mobile number) then I click on the box know as ''keep your old phone number'' I typed and my sim card does active. I can make calls, send messages and receive messages, BUT I CAN NOT get the phone calls from anyone! I did check troubleshoot, reading the solution that they give but it still not working. They said maybe wait few days! 

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hoangnam : So did you complete a new activation with that new SIM you got? (other than not being able to transfer your existing number)

I would be interested to know if the moderators would cancel that and do the change SIM for you into your original account.

But if you didn't complete the activation then the moderators will change your SIM for you.

Hoangnam
Spoiler
hi

Porting process has been changed. You must keep your old sim card in and confirm the port request. You will need to reach out to the moderator team to reinitiate the port request. 

• Your old SIM card must be inside your device and your account with your previous provider must still be active so you can receive and respond to the SMS and authorize the request. Please do not replace your old SIM card with your Public SIM until you have responded to this message.
  • Be sure to check all texts and emails that could go to any other members on the old account, as well as any junk or spam folders.

More info here: How to choose your Phone Number (publicmobile.ca)

Edit: Forgot to mention the important detail:

• You cannot transfer numbers between Public Mobile accounts.

Hoangnam

OMG thank you! 

@Hoangnam wrote:

Thank you! but I lost the phone with that sim card

In that case, all you have to do is contact the moderator team for request to change your sim card number on your existing account. You should not activate a new account/line again because you are not allowed to port Public Mobile number to another Public Mobile account. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hoangnam : Did you pay for a plan? Or did you stop the process wondering if things were right?

Hoangnam

Thank you! but I lost the phone with that sim card

Hoangnam

i did lose my old phone, this was not the message, it was in the active sim page!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Hoangnam Porting process has been changed. You must keep your old sim card in and confirm the port request. You will need to reach out to the moderator team to reinitiate the port request. 

• Your old SIM card must be inside your device and your account with your previous provider must still be active so you can receive and respond to the SMS and authorize the request. Please do not replace your old SIM card with your Public SIM until you have responded to this message.
  • Be sure to check all texts and emails that could go to any other members on the old account, as well as any junk or spam folders.

More info here: How to choose your Phone Number (publicmobile.ca)

Edit: Forgot to mention the important detail:

• You cannot transfer numbers between Public Mobile accounts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hoangnam : You posted in another thread as well...

So you have an account with Public Mobile?

Is it active and paid up?

Why did you buy a new SIM? Did you lose your phone?

Where did you see the message "keep your old phone number"?

Need Help? Let's chat.