cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue logging in due to old active service

Chedley
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I am setting up a sim card for my mum. I activated the sim and created her account. Unfortunately, I now get this message. She must have had an old sim/number that has since been lost and is not used, but we can't progress past this screen to get into her account.

The SIM does not yet seem to be working on her phone.

Any help is appreciated.

screencapture-eversafe-id-telus-user-activate-2023-08-01-09_27_40.png

8 REPLIES 8

@Chedley 

i am surprise you didn't get charged at this step.  To be safe, check the credit card again

Again, you might want to open ticket with PM support to confirm if they see the activation at all.  Message them here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you the

Chedley

No. It's due to an old sim issue.

Chedley

I would say over a year. I don't think payments were missed. She used it short-term for a specific purpose. There is no need to keep the old number.

@Chedley 

how long she lost your old sim card and missed the payment? If her old PM account suspended for less than 90 days, she can have support to help to login My Account and request Change sim card and keep the old phone number.

Chedley

We don't have the old sim. New sim, new number. 
She was not getting charged at all. How long does the SIM stay active?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I'm pretty sure that's a normal screen for a new activation. So you put the new sim in and you have not received the text it mentions?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Chedley 

The best thing to do is to contact a CS_Agent to switch the old SIM number to the new number. Just private message by clicking on the envelope icon on your computer and explain the issue but you will need the security PIN number for them to help you.

Was she charged monthly fee all this time? Never notice the monthly charges?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Chedley 

you are setting up a new account with a new number (or port in from another provider) and you are NOT just getting a replacement sim card for an existing PM account, right?

If you put in the PM sim card and not connecting nor getting the security code, please message support to help finishing up the activation: 

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.