cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to "forward" or auto-reply to texts before it gets to the phone?

bcsteeve
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm pretty sure the answer is "no", but thought I'd ask in case there's something I'd missed.

I'm travelling to Europe and won't be taking my SIM with me.  I'll get a local SIM when I get there.  I was just wondering if there's any way to deal with incoming texts to my Public Mobile number while I'm gone?  It has to be done at the service level, I imagine, since I'll have my phone with me there using a different SIM.

And no, I don't have an old phone to throw the SIM in.  If I did, I could use Pushbullet to alert me by email when I have a text.

2 REPLIES 2

It would be a lot of effort, but you could look at a VoIP solution in the future.

You'd have to make the VoIP service your main number, then setup additional instructions to forward to different device(s) as you wish.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@bcsteeve Since you do not have another phone to leave behind, you cannot set up text forwarding. But if you do find an old phone, here is the guide by @mimmo if you want to review: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Traveling-to-Australia/m-p/164869/hig...

Need Help? Let's chat.