cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to port a number from one PM account to another PM account?

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'm still holding on to my old $10 plan mainly  because it includes faster 4G data. Considering of using it for my main account but it would be easier if I could  port my number from my more expensive PM account so as not to have to update my number in all my banking etc accounts.

Is it possible  to port a number from one PM account to another PM account?🤔

12 REPLIES 12

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Meow 

I have 16GB of data on my $10 account and a large credit that continues to grow.....its a legacy p,an alright I'm going to have to include it in my will!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@BEER  wrote: 

"Consider that 1Gb has 1000 MB and 1 MB = 1000 KB."

Or 1GB = 1024MB to be precise... 😊

BEER

@Meow wrote:

@BEER wrote:

I'm still holding on to my old $10 plan mainly  because it includes faster 4G data.

I am confused. Old $10 Plan has faster 4G data... so what? You do not have any data on $10 plan anyway so speed does not matter unless you are buying data add-ons all the time.

Yes - The $10 has lots of accumulated data - also as you say one can buy data add on... Data goes a very long way if you don't use it to watch Movies, TV or Videos ------ For example if you use Apple Maps GPS it will use About plus/minus 1MB per hour.  A single iMessage that contains only text uses mostly just 1 KB.-------- Consider that 1Gb has 1000 MB and 1 MB = 1000 KB. ---- One can buy add on 1GB data that rolls over until used for only 10 points.

1 GB Data

10 pts

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Meow: As with all domestic add-ons, they rollover until fully used. I didn't say unlimited.

@dust2dust wrote:

Meow: Free data over the years. If you don't use your phone much including data then that free data remains available. At LTE speed.

Unlimited data? Really?! Not what I know about that plan. It was very basic 50/50 plan with no data. Unless you know some way around, backdoor...

Meow: Free data over the years. If you don't use your phone much including data then that free data remains available. At LTE speed.

@dust2dust wrote:

You can port out and then port back into that account. That would close the other account. Would cost the price of a sim and pro-rating a plan.

I do not agree this is a solution.

Porting out to where? You would have to open another account - cost $$$. Port back - sure; porting out closes account, loses any accumulated rewards (loyalty, etc.).

And in the mean time who knows what could happen with phone number shuffling back and forth.

Solution is either from @softech or @darlicious : NO, cannot do it.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@BEER wrote:

I'm still holding on to my old $10 plan mainly  because it includes faster 4G data.

I am confused. Old $10 Plan has faster 4G data... so what? You do not have any data on $10 plan anyway so speed does not matter unless you are buying data add-ons all the time.

BEER

@dust2dust wrote:

You can port out and then port back into that account. That would close the other account. Would cost the price of a sim and pro-rating a plan.

Yes that would be a way - port to another provider then port back to PM. However that would be a bit cumbersome and also expensive. I think if I decide to use my $10 plan as my main account it would be easier to just update my number on my accounts. For now I'll just leave things as they are. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BEER 

That's a hard no.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BEER  So, they no longer doing this  😞

Need Help? Let's chat.