cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to keep my $13 plan?

LeGone23
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm planning to port out from Public mobile, but is there a way I can keep the $13 grandfathered plan that I have right now on a different number? Like for example: I'm porting out the number that I'm currently using here to Freedom then I'd like to keep this plan on Public but use it on a different number, is it possible?

10 REPLIES 10

Joe_G
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@LeGone23 wrote:

Not paying for two lines, the reason i want to switch is because of the new reward system. I see everyone complaining about it too so I guess the only way is to port out and leave Public since they dont listen, its unfair how they treat their loyal customers 

I don't understand. First you say you want to port out to Freedom and keep your $13 grandfathered plan with PM; then you say you're not paying for two lines. If you're not paying for two lines then why are you concerned about losing you add-ons?

@LeGone23  you are correct,  it's not fair how we are treated. However; you have more to lose than Public Mobile.  With the new rewards system, you will still earn points to use towards your bill. When is your anniversary? If it's soon they will give you 10 points. Few more and you can redeem 15 points to cover one month's bill. 

Which other cell provider will give you that? 

Think wisely before you act.

@LeGone23 wrote:

Not paying for two lines, the reason i want to switch is because of the new reward system. I see everyone complaining about it too so I guess the only way is to port out and leave Public since they dont listen, its unfair how they treat their loyal customers 

Sure there are a lot of people voting with their wallets and emotions due to the reward system changes.  How does that affect you other than the FOMO factor?  The fact that you want to retain the account would suggest it is still of good value perhaps.  Decide based on your needs and not that of others.  

LeGone23

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@LeGone23 

Once you port out, you won’t get the grandfathered $13 plan. You can only pick current plans. Plus you will lose all your More is Merrier bonuses once you port out.

Why don’t keep your number with PM and pick a new number with Freedom. If your phone have dual SIM tray so you can switch SIM on the same phone.

You can purchase this adapter to hold 2 SIMs on a single SIM tray:

https://www.simore.com/en/triple-dual-sim-4g-iphone-8-apple-case-adapter-wx-triple-8.html 

hi @LeGone23 you can make plan change and all those add-on will stay.  

but of course, if you port out, account will be closed and all wil be gone 

LeGone23

So do I lose all this unused add-ons? especially those minutes, after I port out? got them from the yearly gift rewards image (529).png

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @LeGone23 

sorry, you cannot keep the $13 plan if you port out the number current tie to the $13 plan

PM agent no longer help to swap numbers between account, hence your $13 account really tie to that account, once ported out, the account would be closed

but honest ,$13 is not a good deal.  If you check, the current $21 plan has a 90 days option that that will bring it down to $19/30 days.  $6 more but you have unlimited calls and 3GB data.  Even the current new $15 plan is a better deal for $2 more, unlimited calls

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@LeGone23 - No, you cannot port out your existing PM number and get a new number at the same time. Sorry.

But for $2 more you can get the $15 plan with Unlimited Talk & Text on a new account. Or with TELUS Prepaid for $99/year ($8.25/month)

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LeGone23 

There is no way to keep another number on that plan. Once you port out your account is automatically closed.

Need Help? Let's chat.