cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my activation complete

marrita32
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just activated my new SIM card not more than 2 hours ago. I reached the Summary Page (page 6) of the activation form but did not click the Finish button right away. Instead I followed 2 links which I opened on separate tabs (i.e. Set up APM for my phone and visit Community). Now by the time I clicked on the Finish button, my session seemed to have timed out.  Was my activation completed?  I seem to be able to make outbound calls just fine but still unable to receive calls (call seems to still go to my old provider voice mail).

8 REPLIES 8

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@marrita32 wrote:

Ok thanks

@GR wrote:

@marrita32 with that text you got I believe the port is stuck.  You should click on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and follow that until you submit ticket and then the moderators will get back to you probably within the next few hours and fix your stuck port

@marrita32 

While you are waiting for moderator to reply to your ticket, get the Bell account number and the account owner's name ready - Not the name of the person used the number if it is difference from the account owner.

marrita32

Ok thanks

@GR wrote:

@marrita32 with that text you got I believe the port is stuck.  You should click on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and follow that until you submit ticket and then the moderators will get back to you probably within the next few hours and fix your stuck port

marrita32

Thanks for the tip. I am in a hyrbid state. I can make outbound calls but inbound calls are still going to Bell. So I think porting has not completed yet. AI chat did say it could take at least 2 hours to port a number. I will wait it out and follow your suggestions if I am still not set up in the afternoon.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@marrita32 wrote:

I just activated my new SIM card not more than 2 hours ago. I reached the Summary Page (page 6) of the activation form but did not click the Finish button right away. Instead I followed 2 links which I opened on separate tabs (i.e. Set up APM for my phone and visit Community). Now by the time I clicked on the Finish button, my session seemed to have timed out.  Was my activation completed?  I seem to be able to make outbound calls just fine but still unable to receive calls (call seems to still go to my old provider voice mail).

So you ported in at the time of activation?  You probably have a stuck port.  Is your old sim still working, if so you can put that back in your phone until you get this cleared up.

You will need the assistance of the Moderators and to do that you will need to create a Trouble Ticket.  Click this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question into SIMon.  Follow the prompts to get to the Contact Us button and then a Submit Ticket button will appear.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

marrita32

Thanks for the tip. I am in a hyrbid state. I can make outbound calls but inbound calls are still going to Bell. So I think porting has not completed yet. AI chat did say it could take at least 2 hours to port a number. I will wait it out and follow your suggestions if I am still not set up in the afternoon.

marrita32

I received a text on my phone asking me to complete my move to PM by going to publicmobile.ca. This was already after I activated it online, but that could just be because I only plugged in my PM SIM to my Bell phone and unlocked it after I activated the SIM online which is per instructions on the back of the SIM card.  I will wait a few more hours. Maybe the porting has not completed yet.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@marrita32 wrote:

So you ported in at the time of activation?  You probably have a stuck port.  Is your old sim still working, if so you can put that back in your phone until you get this cleared up.

You will need the assistance of the Moderators and to do that you will need to create a Trouble Ticket.  Click this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question into SIMon.  Follow the prompts to get to the Contact Us button and then a Submit Ticket button will appear.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

GR
Mayor / Maire

@marrita32 it sounds like it's complete except for the port.  You did port your old number right?  Usually the port takes up to a few hours for a cell number. You'll receive a text that the port is complete or if there's a problem then you'll get a text to contact public mobile for help with the port

Need Help? Let's chat.