cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to purchase a Certified Pre-Owned phone using 'Available Funds' in my account?

WeTheNorth
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As per the title. Thanks in advance.

22 REPLIES 22

WeTheNorth

@gpixel We're on the $40 for 15GB plans and I doubt either of us will come close to even using 1GB in a month as we're always around wifi networks at home and at work. Oh well. Maybe one day they'll allow phones to be purchased using these funds. Fingers crossed.

@WeTheNorth 

maybe PM will bring back the $80 & $90 plans after the holiday promos. even though you probably won't use all the data, you might as well switch to one of them 

WeTheNorth

@gpixel Yeaaaah lol. We thought we would be able to use the funds for other things but apparently not xD

@WeTheNorth 

lol 90 referrals??? omg... went a little overboard I see 

WeTheNorth

@softech Mine is currently at 90 referrals, plus autopay and loyalty. I'm not sure what hers is at this month, but her rewards have been higher than my own for quite some time.

@WeTheNorth wrote:

@gpixel No matter what plan we switch to we would still be getting 'paid' each and every month as our rewards are both hovering around $100 a month, give or take.

@WeTheNorth   you have LOTS of friends.. $100 a month!!

Honest, no worry, keep it going , enjoy your Free phone for life. !!

(so, you reached the max. 110 friends referrals limit?)

WeTheNorth

@gpixel No matter what plan we switch to we would still be getting 'paid' each and every month as our rewards are both hovering around $100 a month, give or take.

WeTheNorth

@softech That's what I thought but was confused by the response the other person gave so wanted clarification. Thanks 😄

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@WeTheNorth 

the best option is to upgrade the plan so that the rewards don't go to waste. I would rather pay a little bit to PM then to gain and horde available funds. 

@WeTheNorth wrote:

. Would it be possible to spread some of it to them?

@WeTheNorth sorry, funds cannot be move between accounts too.

Really there is no way to use it other than plans and addons

WeTheNorth

@darlicious I wasn't aware we were able to spread funds/rewards around. We have two accounts, with one having quadruple digits in available funds, and the other nearly being there, with nothing to spend the funds on. I have referred A LOT of people in my 2+ years with PM, including family members. Would it be possible to spread some of it to them?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@WeTheNorth 

I am in your position as well with the balance slowly growing but I have two accounts and a "data" that is kept suspended most of the time but will start to be the new referral code I use for referrals. I have already referred the bf's phone bill to $0 this year......so you can spread the love around? I certainly do with my community reward which gives you a little flexibility to redirect the reward via the email.

But I agree being able to actually spend the available funds would be nice. Customer support on occasion will allow charitable donations to other members on a case by case basis?

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

To answer your question with no fluff. NO

“Should” you be able to buy from your balance a phone or SIM card? YES

WeTheNorth

@hairbag1 Thankfully none of those funds are actually out of pocket, the amount has come entirely from rewards.

@WeTheNorth 

also...there's a good reason for not having a large amount of $$ sitting in Available Funds. If you perhaps decide to bail outta PM and go elsewhere...you'd lose that Available Funds balance. "No refunds" is PM stated philosophy.

I only keep a minimal balance...just in case I find a more attractive plan somewhere else.

WeTheNorth

@softech It has been nice for the past year+, that's for sure. I guess I can stop passing along my referral code if there isn't anything else I can do with the amount I 'make' each and every month.

@WeTheNorth   enjoy the FREE service for life   🙂

WeTheNorth

@softech That's the 'situation' I'm in. I have an abundance from rewards that I'll never be able to spend otherwise xD

@WeTheNorth   yes, the fund can only be used for paying the plan bill and purchase add-ons.  And the fund cannot be transferred , too

Many have asked for other use of Available fund, but honest, I doubt they would allow that.  Part of the reason is that Available fund comes from rewards.  They are ok for us to use the fund towards the service because it is pretty much "no cost" to PM. But for using it to buy phone, it would be a solid cost to PM.  I guess that is the main reason why it is a no-no and I doubt they would change it

WeTheNorth

That's a shame. So those funds can only be used for add-ons? I wonder if they'll ever change the policy in allowing us to use those funds to purchase CPO phones.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@WeTheNorth , phone purchases are done ex-account, so not possible.  In fact, I don't think you need to be a customer to buy a phone.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@WeTheNorth   sorry. No, 

Although we would hope it can be  😞

Need Help? Let's chat.