cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it mandatory to port your number over to PM?

jwo92
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Just wondering if it's mandatory to port over your current number if you want to use public mobile. I'm planning to get one of the plans on PM while keeping my current plan for my brother.
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @bahram, first and foremost, you should not post private information here, since it is a public forum.  You can edit out your phone number by clicking the 3 dots in the top right corner of your posts.  As for your texting problem, did it start all of a sudden?  Was it working before?  Are you on the 10$ 50/50 plan by any chance - and have used up all of your 50 texts?

bahram
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

sorry the number 4xx xxxxxxx my text massage is not working when i sending.

bahram

Hi there, My  text massge doen,t work my number 4xx-xxxxxxx

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jwo92 welcome to the Public Mobile community, and by the sounds of it, welcome soon to the network! 

Just to confirm:  the phone you want to use with Public Mobile has to be either carrier unlocked, OR have come from either Telus or Koodo.  It also has to be compatible with at least the 850MHz and 1900MHz 3G HSPA/UMTS network frequencies. If you want the faster 4G LTE data, you will also want to look for at least Band 4 LTE on your phone, as that is the main band used by Public Mobile.

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

BH604

Yes, Public Mobile is now shipping the 3-in-1 SIMs that can be mini/micro/nano SIM that you punch out.

jwo92
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Awesome, thanks.

Also, the new sim card will be one of the ones that can be punched out into a nano sim card?

matttang

Nope.

When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card, Step 2 will ask if you'd like a new number or port an existing number over from another service provider.

Need Help? Let's chat.