cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is iPhone 11 Pro compatible with 4G on Public Mobile?

Coppersky
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I haven't been able to enable 4G after switching from a 3G plan.  Only 3G and LTE are options, same as before upgrade.  I have looked for solutions but have run out of ideas.

Thanks for any help!

I have

• current iOs (17.4.1)
  • carrier setting is Public Mobile 58.0 (no update showing)
  • Under Cellular Data Options/Voice & Data only 3G and LTE options are showing
  • tried Reset Network Settings

12 REPLIES 12

El_Gato
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just got notification that you mentioned me - and the reason is?

ATHENS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Oohhh man -cut the grass! As I’m told by others to watch out for you because you do tend to be suspicious and make at times , depending on your mood unfounded innuendos . That is not to say that you at times you actually do help solve problems. So regarding my mentioning 5G -that you seem  to be obsessed with —-I had encountered the same problem where 5G was not showing on my older iPhone 11 so I just put it out there.  Hope this satisfies your anxiety.

@ATHENS wrote:

The OP clearly mentioned that only 3G and LTE settings are available on their iPhone 11. 

@ATHENS 

May I know other than you and @El_Gato had the same mind thinking about 5G, where OP or myself talked about 5G? No one was asking if the phone was 5G compatible.  OP was only asking if the phone is 4G compatible with PM network as he sees only 3G and 4G option but cannot connect to 4G

ATHENS

The OP clearly mentioned that only 3G and LTE settings are available on their iPhone 11. 

Coppersky
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks all for your replies.  I had looked at a couple websites that clearly stated that 4G and LTE are not the same.  Looking further at the search results there are just as many that say it is the same thing. 

@ATHENS wrote:

On iPhone 11 there is no option to select 5G as there is the option on iPhone 12 and up. I’m therefore assuming that iPhones 11 and under are not 5G capable . 

HI @ATHENS 

i was never talking about 5G.  and OP was only asking 4G and LTE.  Neither of us mentioned 5G at all, I am surprise why you @El_Gato  mentioned that as well

ATHENS

On iPhone 11 there is no option to select 5G as there is the option on iPhone 12 and up. I’m therefore assuming that iPhones 11 and under are not 5G capable . 

El_Gato

As far as I know iPhone 11 are not compatible with 5G. 

Jedi1

My husband has an 11 and works well, select LTE.  You should get the appropriate speed.  

Rastin

If your plan has data just di a speed test. If you're getting anywhere around 30Mb on the low end and a max of 150Mb your on 4g

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Coppersky 

yes, your iPhone will be able to connect to PM 4G network

and remember, LTE is 4G, so, choose LTE Under Cellular Data Options/Voice & Data 

Rastin

As far a I know lte is 4g

Need Help? Let's chat.