cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is hotspot supposed to be this bad?

Pbubbs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

every hour I get disconnected or get dropouts while it stays connected, or it’s slow, like 5 seconds to load a picture, or sites don’t load and then start again. I’m constantly turning off and on cellular data on the phone and restarting hotspot. Internet sharing through computer wifi also doesn’t work anymore!. It will show the wifi and then disappear. I’ve reset network settings like 10 times. It’s so unreliable and the issues so varied, I can’t even attempt to try to fix one issue where you could say ok that’s a technical issue on my end. It’s as if hotspot is meant for one time emergencies, and not to be able to somewhat provide consistent internet. And these are all Apple devices that generally work together easily.

i was trying to use my 50gb plan to replace home internet as it saves me $50 per month. Honestly 25mbps is fast enough. But the last 6 weeks have been hell, and unless I can fix this, I will cancel this plan and go back to real home internet.

7 REPLIES 7

joshua5678

Public mobile does not limit hotspot, It should be the device issue.

@Pbubbs 

change the device settings so that the display never turns off. this will avoid the device from sleeping and disconnecting the mobile adapter. instead of using the USB try creating a wifi hotspot instead. I've had no disconnect issues using that method. Android phone though. if you would like even better reception you can purchase a cellphone booster from Amazon. you will need to do some research on which bands you will need to help boost your data connection 

Pbubbs

All that is in order yes

Pbubbs

I’m having issues creating a wifi through internet sharing using hotspot through USB source. Not using actual wifi.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Pbubbs   If you're having problems on wifi as well as cellular then I would agree with softech that it seems to indicate a device problem

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Pbubbs First, PM does not limit hotspot usage, so, it is a device issue

Make sure your Carrier profile is updated

Try Reset All network and test again.  Make sure you are not using any VPN (disable or delete those VPN profile).  Make sure you are not using power save or data save mode

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

There are so many things that can factor into disconnection like location at time of usage, are you moving around the home or business, external interference, your phone....    you just have to figure out what factors into the disconnection. 

Need Help? Let's chat.