cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone actually happy with their service?

MarieRamsey
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was just looking through forum posts, and it seems like the issues (that have existed for years) seem to be getting worse. I regularly get dropped calls now, not receiving texts, all kinds of issues with my service. 

In fact, the only reason i was reading forum posts is because of issues with my service. The so-called community system itself treats it's customers like unpaid interns or slaves, and often they are more helpful and nicer than the actual people that are PAID by this company. And for what? Maybe a couple dollars off if you're lucky? This system just takes advantage of the poorest in the community. Shame on Public Mobile for doing this.

I just had a CSA talk down to me about a MISTAKE on their end, all because he was too lazy to look into it before automatically telling me I'm wrong.

I can't afford to switch, otherwise I would. I would advise ANY new customer to leave and switch to a different carrier. 

73 REPLIES 73

Nellwils
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I am a 4 year customer, but new to "Community".  I have had issues with some PM services, however it ends up working itself out most times.  I guess others may have had similar or the same issues and complained for me.  Anyway, my point is ever cellphone service I have been with has had issues.  No one and no where is going to be perfectly smooth.  All this is made by humans and therefore will have issues, because no one is perfect and therefore nothing we make is perfect.  I appreciate the advantages and strengths of this service provider and their service.  I was dealing similar issues with Rogers and passing a lot more for their services... So I'd rather have these issues with a cheaper bill. Stay encouraged, things will work themselves out.  Also these issues will also feel more compound if your job depend on your communication through your phone services like texting, emails, internet, etc. And also your stress levels.  So I get that our situations are different.  I hope they can fix all the issues for you and things workout. 🙂. Have a better day.

May 20, 2022.

@MarieRamsey wrote:

I don't need advice from someone who is NOT an employee, no offence. 

I need my matters to actually be resolved by someone that has the power to do so

Then @MarieRamsey  why did you post in the Community?

What is the point of this post?

Is it not Lounge worthy?

@Luddite @computergeek541 

It's the OP's way @Korth 

Look back at the history their posts and you will see that either this person encounters every issue in the book or they just like making noise.

Either way, it's gotten old. 

@MarieRamsey wrote:

I need my matters to actually be resolved by someone that has the power to do so

If you won't be polite then we will NOT be polite, no offense.

Why do you ask us questions if you don't want our answers?

Look around and you'll find the link you need to complain directly to Public Mobile's CSAs.

@MarieRamsey wrote:

Are you Sara Mulder?

@MarieRamsey 

Not me.....no issues. 

Are you you sure you are explaining the issue properly?

@MarieRamsey 

If you are getting no response from customer support whatsoever from either submitting a support ticket or sending a private message then it's entirely possible that you have an issue with your private message box.

CSA's usually respond within an hour of either submitting a ticket or sending a private message. If you made your inquiry later in day then you may not get a reply until morning but you will get one first thing in the morning. Although the official time limit is 48 hours if you don't recieve a reply within 24 hours as mentioned by @VIP_Tech then something may be up with your private messages.

I know this because I have had an ongoing issue with my private messages since last September whereas despite sending numerous private messages and submitting tickets via Simple--Simon (which I abhor doing) I would get crickets from customer support. All attempts would show in my sent box. After the first occurance and despite an investigation and a promise that it was fixed by the tech team a month or so would pass and an issue would pop up in one of my accounts or one of the ones I manage and I would get no response.

Now I have a secondary but seldom used community account for my other pm account so I switch to it and send a private message. 9 times out of 10 I get a reply from a CSA within 15 minutes. I would get the initial request taken care of but have spent days even a couple of weeks going back and forth testing with a CSA trying to get all kinds of methods of contact to work. Eventually it would appear to be solved for a few weeks or a month or so only to reappear.

If this sounds like a similar problem that you are experiencing when you attempt to contact customer support then you have 2 options....create a new community account that you use to contact customer support with when your regular community account does not get timely replies from a CSA. Or what works like a charm for me in the past is triggering the smut/spam filter. Although you may want to release a string of profanities in frustration there are other silly words that reliably trigger the smut filter. 

Mentioning those round objects children like to make out of fluffy frozen water in winter time and throw at each other will do it. As will a chunk of a cow that you put the oven to cook and serve at Sunday dinner or Meghan and Harry's royal title. These will illicit a response from customer support often within minutes. Occasionally you will only get a canned reply....but most times you will get a real live CSA and you can then converse and explain the real reason you triggered the smut filter and get your real issue taken care of and then of course work on getting the private messaging problem addressed.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

@MarieRamsey wrote:

Pretty sure it's most customers, considering how many mistakes they make.

Long distance minutes counting towards regular calls? FOR OVER A YEAR. RIP OFF

Data from last cycle counting towards next cycle? RIP OFF.

Pretty sure most customers here are happy. I know I am. I get "ripped off" every month, gotta pay these robbers a whole $6 per month, geez.

I think most customers would complain (or leave) in quick order if they felt they were being ripped off. Wouldn't stick around "FOR OVER A YEAR".

Long distance minutes aren't consumed by regular calls. Unless you have no more local calling minutes left. And "local" calls are anywhere in Canada to anywhere in Canada, all you have to do is dial a "1" in front of the number at no cost.

PM sells Canada-wide add-on minutes (at $0.01 per minute, a better rate than any competitor). PM also sells Canada/USA/International add-on minutes (which cost a few cents per minute, still better rates than any competitor). If you bought the wrong add-on then that's your mistake. If you're using up minutes from a free/gift add-on then they cost you nothing (and you really should be more grateful). If you're using up multiple add-ons each month then you can upgrade to an Unlimited Talk plan which costs less overall. Where's the rip-off?

Perhaps you still have a discontinued/legacy plan with Provincial-wide talk or other limitations on talk minutes? If so, it's hardly Public Mobile's fault that you refuse to upgrade to a current plan which costs less and lacks those limits. Where's the rip-off?

Data provisions for the plan are refreshed each time the plan renews. Every 30 days, assuming no interruption or suspension of service.

Usage will be counted wrong on the phone software unless it automatically or manually resets the counter at the same time. But it is always reported accurately on Self-Serve. Where's the rip-off?

Perhaps your phone is misconfigured - it's eating data on photo attachments and background services and stuff like that. These are common issues with some phones, and there are common workarounds which correct them. Again, something that's essentially the end-user's fault, not Public Mobile's fault. Where's the rip-off?

Extraordinary accusations need extraordinary evidence to be taken seriously.

I have been happy with Public Mobile for 5+ years now and I don't even remember if I ever needed to create a ticket for any issues. Things just works very well for me ever since I activated. This is the same for a few friends and family members on Public Mobile. So ya, we are not getting ripped off at all. 

@MarieRamsey wrote:

Ouch @MarieRamsey 

I would be very happy to take advice from many a member here on the forum.

Believe me, you can get quicker and more accurate answers sometimes here than with a CSA (depending on the issues of course)

So, if you are posting here and looking for someone to answer who is an employee, it ain't going to happen.

You are going to have to wait on your tickets to be replied to.

Or, if you are just posting here to vent, okay, I get it.

Hi @MarieRamsey 

I think the question is more 

HOW MANY MORE POSTS DO YOU NEED TO MAKE?

🤣😂

@MarieRamsey 

Back again?   

Reiterating my post from yesterday:

"You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar"

Look it up.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MarieRamsey wrote:

PM support model is member helping member.  That is the reason why members were asking for details to determine the next step.  If your issue requires access your account, you will be directed to create a support ticket.   

Since you had tried to create support ticket. check your private message sent box for your ticket which you created.  If you cannot find your ticket listed in your sent box, you did not created a ticket yet.  You can try again with the ticket system or send a private message to CSA directly as provided by earlier posts.

@MarieRamsey wrote:

But, but, but... you POSTED in PUBLIC forum where only customers help other customers. What do you expect from us? To drag CSA by the ear so Your Majesty can spank him/her?

Just calm down and:

Send a private message to the CSA by clicking https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Be ready to provide account information to CSA to confirm your identity.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarieRamsey : Nope, we're not CSA's. But we know a thing or two about the workings of the place. Post screenshots of: the left side of your overview page, click on Plan Details and screenshot that below your phone number, go back and click on View Payment History and screenshot that. Post them all here. Don't show any private information.

We might be able to guide you to where any problem might be to be better armed to deal with the CSA's if needed. We're a clever lot here. Give us a go.

@MarieRamsey wrote:

@MarieRamsey  - as plans change with Public Mobile over the years (and any other cell phone/internet/tv provider for that matter) as better plans come into the inmarket line up of plans, the onus (for the most part) is on the customer to reach out and inquire to get those better plans.

It is very easy to change plans here, if there is a better one that suits your needs, and benefits your wallet.

Just know that if you are on a grandfathered plan (one that is no longer available in the current plan line up...found here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans ), then you cannot go back to that plan once you change.

Your Community username has been created many years ago. So I take it, you have been around awhile.

It is very possible whatever plan your in is not the best deal for you now.

What plan are you currently on?

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @MarieRamsey 

you submit a ticket by SIMon right, but you know sometime the system is not delivery to them, so if you send within 24 hr not response, i advise you to re-send Private Messages to Customer Support Agent

with all your ticket number,

and you Check your Community private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

@MarieRamsey wrote:

@MarieRamsey   Really?  then why are you posting here?   You know we are just a bunch of nice customers but big heart  trying to help but unable to access your account?  You will have to open a ticket with PM Support if you want them help. Btw, they have nice name.  CS Agent , Customer Support Agent, not that "CSAS" 

so, go ahead and open a ticket with them.  You can save some time by not posting more as you don't want any help from anyone who is not an employee.. again, no offence  🙂

Enjoy the beautiful service !! 

@MarieRamsey wrote:

SERIOUSLY?

WHERE THE HELL ARE THE CSAS???????????

WHY DO I HAVE TO KEEP MAKING TICKETS FOR THE SAME ISSUES?

@MarieRamsey  - have you gotten answer responses whatsoever?

How long ago have you submitted the ticket?

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MarieRamsey wrote:

SERIOUSLY?

One more ... just one more but this time try sending a direct msg to CS_Agent and then wait.

Its a Sunday. Take it easy. 

MarieRamsey

@MarieRamsey   I saw your other thread.  Can you login to your My Account and confirm if you have a Provincial Wide plan instead of Canada-Wide ?  Show us some screenshot with Plan details and we can advise.  

0PX9O4

@MarieRamsey 

I feel your pain. PM's customer service model is certainly not for everyone, and it may well not be right for you.

If you're having trouble creating tickets, you can send a private message to PM's agents here: CS_Agent

You'll want to make sure you include your account details in the private message to them.

pkaraa

With the bonus data and long distance minutes and referral and loyalty bonuses, you are still counting these RIP OFFs. 🙂

MarieRamsey

SERIOUSLY?

@MarieRamsey 

Unless you have a provincial calling plan local minutes and Canada wide minutes are exactly the same. If you have a "more is merrier" gifted international calling add on then they will be used for Canada wide minutes if you don't have the $5/500min add on.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarieRamsey : All plans are nationwide. Do you possibly have a provincial plan of a year ago that was briefly available?

The cycles are 30 days. Plan data resets at renewal. Add-on data stays on the account until fully consumed. There have been rare instances of plan data not resetting at renewal.

I know I'm not being ripped off. There are very rare instances of problematic accounts. Even one maybe two that somehow mysteriously got on a 10 day plan. The CSA's fixed them.

0PX9O4

@MarieRamsey 

Sorry to hear about your experience. There haven't been other reports of these errors in particular. Do you have screenshots you can provide (after removing your personal info) to show these mistakes? With proper documentation, I'm sure PM agents can work to fix the errors.

MarieRamsey

Need Help? Let's chat.