cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Porting over from a US Number Possible?

nytecore
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I started out with my original number from Telus and ported it over to Sprint for work purposes. Now I wish to port over my number again to a new provider and I was wondering if Public Mobile allows porting over my phone number considering that it's from a US company? I wanted to confirm if this is possible before committing to buying a SIM card. 

4 REPLIES 4

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@nytecore  

Port-in eligibility

You can use this link to check mobile numbers: https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi

If it's Canadian number it can be ported in even if from American company.

If you have USA number you won't be able to port it, but if you are in usa you could get TextNow sim card and port it to them, then access it from almost anywhere in the world including Canada. If you get the sim you may even get unlimited forwarding so you could forward it to your Canadian number, I'm not sure it uses to be like that before

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@nytecore , are you saying that you have a phone number with a Canadian area code with Sprint?  If so, I see no reason why the number cannot be ported back to a Canadian service.  You do have to risk a SIM card to try, but during the activation process there is a check for number porting eligibility.  

On second thought, it may not be so straightforward.  The porting system is designed around Canadian carrier brands exchanging numbers.  I am not sure how Public Mobile would be able to communicate with Sprint to confirm your number is eligible for porting.  It might be worthwhile to consider porting back to Telus as they seemed to play nice with Sprint in the first place.  When you get your number back to Telus, moving it to Public Mobile is not a problem.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You should delete your personal info by clicking on the three dots.  You can only port Canadian phone numbers.

Need Help? Let's chat.