cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ironic

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Now that it is a day later after the release of the new plan pricing was doing some reading around.

Less for less. 

Public Mobile, Canada’s prepaid wireless brand, is launching its first ever brand campaign, ‘Less for Less’. The campaign promotes the cooperative wireless company backed by TELUS’ mission to trim the excess frills other networks offer and provide Canada’s largest mobile network at the lowest rates possible.  
Developed by creative agency Cossette, the tongue-in-cheek campaign shines a spotlight on the unnecessary extras Public Mobile doesn’t offer to show how they keep their rates so low. Instead of providing stores, kiosks, call centres and big budget advertising campaigns, Public Mobile would rather operate with fewer frills and keep costs low for their customers.
Since Public Mobile has trimmed its advertising budget, shooting a commercial would have been too expensive. Instead, four online videos were created using only the audition tapes of actors hilariously acting out scenes – from paragliding to rock climbing – in an empty casting room. 

Just find this such bad timing!  How can you release an ad campaign with the Less for Less as your message and then have yoru prices raised so it isn't true?

I am sure some executive got a bonus for the great ad campaign.  PM has proven that many people aren't brand loyal with their promos and how many people have switched.  Just wait for another offer by a different provider and they may find that customers won't be loyal to them either.

I have saved a lot of money in my time with PM so far but if I were looking today I probably wouldn't have switched.  I would have put up with my less data for less money with Rogers.

I hope that there is some tweaking to the prices and that PM can find a place again where they are Less for Less for real again.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

3 REPLIES 3

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
Really ironic.
Definitely a chance for other providers to offer something better. If nothing I might even jump to Videotron on their next big thing.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Just popped up on my Facebook feed

Less.PNG

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 im just as confused. The message of "a phone company without a phone number" yet they are charging almost the same as all of the other companies, if not more. Im sure the other competitors are aware of this, and can now probably use it to their advantage in someway.

Back to school season is coming up fast, so it will be interesting to see if there are any promos offered. But right now, id recommend customers to fido, given that spotify and Fido roam are included in the plans

Need Help? Let's chat.