cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone locked to other provider

DKScheper
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to transfer my samsung sim card to an iphone, and the iphone is locked to another provider. Can Public Mobile unlock it for me?

5 REPLIES 5

@DKScheper  is there a way to find out?

Yes, as @BKNS27  said, in the phone settings select general, then about, then scroll down to carrier lock.  What does it say there?

DKScheper
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, it is an older iphone. Not sure who the previous carrier was as I got it used from someone and don't have contact with the previous owner. Is there a way to find out?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@DKScheper 

You need to go to the carrier that locked your iPhone.

Go to Settings>General>About then scroll down to Carrier Lock…it will show the carrier that locked your iPhone.

It is unlocked if it shows No SIM Restrictions.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @DKScheper 

If your iPhone is locked to a carrier, I'm going to have to say it's either an older iPhone or an iPhone from the US. You should contact the carrier who it's locked to and see if they can unlock it.  Where did you get this iPhone from and which one is it? Here in Canada, December 1st 2017 was the day that cell phones weren't allowed to be locked anymore by Telco's. 

@DKScheper wrote:

I'm trying to transfer my samsung sim card to an iphone, and the iphone is locked to another provider. Can Public Mobile unlock it for me?

Sorry, but Public Mobile cannot assist. The carrier that the phone is locked to would need to be contacted.

Need Help? Let's chat.