cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 7 - sim failure - invalid sim

qcriderfan87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yesterday my phone died when I was at work- when I got home I plugged it in and charged it, I had no mobile data or phone calling available, a message said 'sim card invalid' or 'update sim version'. I realized ios v15.1 is available, so i updated, turned phone off and then on and a message is now saying 'sim card failure' 

I have had my public mobile sim card for years, and never had this problem.

please help, thank you

9 REPLIES 9

@qcriderfan87 wrote:

I took out and replaced the SIM card with the same and it started working again.

So, you just using your existing SIM, right? 

Yes, sometimes SIM error for no reason but a re-seat helps

qcriderfan87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I took out and replaced the SIM card with the same and it started working again.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@qcriderfan87 wrote:

Yesterday my phone died when I was at work- when I got home I plugged it in and

Any follow up on this issue?

Could be phone's shut down due to no battery juice cause some network reset/

Will factory reset correct this issue?

Testing current SIM in another (unlocked) phone will confirm if SIM is working properly. I hope somebody at your work will cooperate and let you try your SIM in their phone.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I would suspect phone hardware failure or software failure.  SIM cards are virtually indestructible.  I have had the same Public Mobile SIM card since day one.  The card has been transplanted from phone to phone to phone...  It still works.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@qcriderfan87   SIM failure is not unheard of.  But, this could also be a device problem.  try to put the sim in another phone and confirm..  

If it is confirmed that SIM is the issue, it's just a quick SIM swap. Buy the SIM from local mobile store and you could be up within an hour after.

@qcriderfan87 

Test the sim card...." I've had the sim card for years...." could be the belly up for your sim card.

If so purchase a new one and save the reciept. Send a message to customer support to check on the provisioning of your sim card and ask that they credit your account for the cost of the new one if it has indeed failed.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@qcriderfan87 wrote:

Yesterday my phone died when I was at work- when I got home I plugged it in and charged it, I had no mobile data or phone calling available, a message said 'sim card invalid' or 'update sim version'. I realized ios v15.1 is available, so i updated, turned phone off and then on and a message is now saying 'sim card failure' 

please help, thank you

@qcriderfan87 

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

**while the SIM is out gently clean the contact points of the SIM card; and gently blow in the SIM slot to remove any debris that may have gotten inside.

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Can you try your SIM into another compatible phone? This will rule out a SIM card or phone issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@qcriderfan87 

can you try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again

and you can try to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@qcriderfan87 : Can you try the SIM in another phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.